Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safety Solutions Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Black89Z51
Suckin' gas, haulin' ass.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Safety Solutions Hybrid

I picked up one of these second hand for what I thought was a decent deal. Turns out I almost feel guilty on how much I paid. Granted, it does expire in November, but I can send it in for a new sticker for $15 or get the works for $100. Anyways, I have an HPDE coming up in a couple weeks and I would like to get this useable for my track event. I'm not sure what I'm lacking, so I was hoping you guys could help out. This is my first head/neck restraint.

I know I need anchors, but not sure which ones. I have a new Pyrotect Pro Air Flow SA2010. Also, I'm not sure what to attach to the rings that are just below the sternum. Wonder if you guys can point me to a website or even better, a parts link. My event is Sept 20th at VIR. I will be in HPDE3.

Here are some pics of the existing setup (sorry for the crappy cell phone pics):

Old 07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You can call up the company (since acquired by Simpson) or any retailer that sells those to get the helmet anchors. They are relatively easy to install. Some helmets come with threaded inserts for the anchors, not sure if yours does.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:10 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Call the Simpson World in Mooresville. That is where the final webbing occurs and they can take care of you.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:23 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

You can order the d-links for the helmet from most any vendor. I picked up a set from apex performance. They were like $25.

When you take your lap belts and snap them into the harness buckle, you slip it through those rings first. This anchors the rings to the lap belt. If you have a front impact, your helmet goes forward, the harness on your back wants to slide up, but those rings are anchored to your lap belt so it keeps the restraint in place.

That set up can be a little difficult to put on, but once you get the rhythem, it is not bad.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Black89Z51
Suckin' gas, haulin' ass.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for all the help/info guys. Trying to get what I need today.

Get notified of new replies

To Safety Solutions Hybrid

Quick Reply: Safety Solutions Hybrid