Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open Track Weekend at Grattan July 28-29 to benefit Karmanos Cancer Institute

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:32 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Open Track Weekend at Grattan July 28-29 to benefit Karmanos Cancer Institute

3 ***** Racing is hosting an open track weekend at Grattan Raceway in Belding, Michigan July 28 and 29, to benefit the Karmanos Cancer Institute. More specifically, all the proceeds will be donated for melanoma research.

After being diagnosed and treated for a stage 2 melanoma last year by the good folks at Karmanos, I realized they would be the perfect group to pair up with. As an added benefit, they put 100% of the donations to research. They don't pull a bunch off the top for operations.

The event will run like a typical 3 ***** event, with four run groups. Our most experienced group utilizes open passing, and other groups use pass by point. We will have instructors and an instruction session for the less experienced groups. Sessions will be 20 minutes. Cost for this event has been bumped up a little to increase our donation. All proceeds from entry fees will be donated. A single day is $200 and the whole weekend is $350.

We will also be having a silent auction at the event. Items include a lifetime pass to any and all 3 ***** events; a complete vehicle fluid flush and replacement with BG fluids; a Grand Prix session at Kart-2-Kart; tickets to a Michigan basketball game; Mobil 1 oil; and other items as they come in. In addition to the silent auction, we will be offering rides with instructors for a $10 donation. Finally, we will be offering up the 3 ***** Lemons Neon for $50 a session. This car is a blast to drive.

Obviously, I'm hoping some of you guys will sign up, but I'm also looking for anyone who may be willing to donate some items for the auction or just donate directly to Karmanos. Here is the link to donate directly:
https://www.karmanos.org/donationWeb...TB&fund=023140

As with all of our events, we will be camping at the track and enjoying some stories, refreshments, and friends. Everyone is welcome to join us.

Registration is at www.3ballsracing.com

Please contact me if you have questions, or would like to donate something for the auction. I'm looking for items small and large. If you have some company SWAG, that would be great.

Thanks for your time.
Ken
248-622-6939
boracing@comcast.net
Old 07-18-2012, 02:27 PM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys, Saturday is 2 spots shy of selling out. There are 17 open spots for Sunday. Come on out and support a great cause.

I have also sourced a large container of barley water for those needing a little more encouragement.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:06 PM
lbk16
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:29 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

In. With a Corvette of some sort.

Get notified of new replies

To Open Track Weekend at Grattan July 28-29 to benefit Karmanos Cancer Institute

Quick Reply: Open Track Weekend at Grattan July 28-29 to benefit Karmanos Cancer Institute