Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau Seat Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:23 PM
k24556
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 171 Posts

Default Corbeau Seat Install

I just completed an install of Corbeau A4,s and 6 point harness. The details of the install are attached. since I plan to use this on the track, I would appreciate any suggestions for improvement, or concerns.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Corbeau Install.pdf (1.55 MB, 253 views)
Old 07-19-2012, 08:31 PM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

I completely agree with your dislike #'s 1, 4, and 6. Here is my list of A4 shortcomings for street use:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z...orbeau-a4.html

I would never consider this seat for a car that sees 6+ track days each year, mainly because it has virtually no side bolsters for the upper legs, but maybe that won't be a problem for you since you're using a 6-point. I'm planning to swap out my driver's seat for the Recaro Profi at some point.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:28 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Installed an A4 drivers side only in my 70 C3 used for mainly Autocrossing.
Latch on the inboard side is definitely poor.
Since I am smallish the fit is perfect and forward adjustment OK. If you are 6 foot, a prob. There is not much fore and aft adjustment.
Using the standard base the seat top just barely hits the roof. Probably about 3 inches between my helmet and the roof.
With a 3 point harness using the stock mount I am held in place perfectly for the cross racing.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:30 PM
bags142
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That is why I installed the TRS instead of the A4.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:35 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skyavonee
I completely agree with your dislike #'s 1, 4, and 6. Here is my list of A4 shortcomings for street use:

I would never consider this seat for a car that sees 6+ track days each year, mainly because it has virtually no side bolsters for the upper legs, but maybe that won't be a problem for you since you're using a 6-point. I'm planning to swap out my driver's seat for the Recaro Profi at some point.

I installed the A4 for tracking the car and find them lacking significantly. Not enough side thigh support.. I have a 4 point harness and its ok...I would consider another seat for tracking...
Old 07-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

kirkey!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:02 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skyavonee

Maybe it's because I shaved my seat cushion, but my A4's in my 1990 C4 corvette provide plenty of latteral support. I run a 5 point harness, bottom cushion shaved and it holds my 6'3" 265lb frame beautifully. If your running an uncaged car I think they are sufficient. If your really seriously pushing the car, then and SFI rated race seat with brace makes a lot of sense and cage make sense. Getting out of the seats with really developed side bosters and or head restraints are a real pain if you bend up your doors, or end up hanging upside down.

Most people buy A4's for price or as in my case because there wasn't anything else that fit both me and the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau Seat Install

Quick Reply: Corbeau Seat Install