Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about rotors

Old 07-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Question about rotors

I'm on my way to VIR and realized my rear 2 piece RB rotors are on the wrong side. (ie left rotor is on the rightside). Is this going to be a issue? I don't think I will have time to change them.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:24 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

No, you will be OK. I have raced with them reversed. Directional rotors usually have cooling vanes that work like a centrifugal pump pulling air from the inside and spinning it through the rotor vanes outward. When it's reversed the cooling will not be ideal but I didn't have any issues. If you have time between sessions just swap them from side to side. Should take less than 30 minutes.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

I don't think you'll have any problem for a day or so at the track - especially on the rear.

I had to replace a front right rotor at the track last fall, and all I had was a left front. These were DBA solid rotors with just slots, but they worked great for 5 or 6 more sessions.

For that matter, the stock rotors on the C6 Z51 and Z06/GS are the same for both the left and right sides. The vanes on the front rotors are curved the same and are correct for the left side, so they are wrong when mounted on the right side!! I've run the stock rotors on my Z06 at the track and they work okay until they crack!!!

So.....my vote is to go ahead and run them until you have time to swap them!!

Bob
Old 07-20-2012, 10:41 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

doubt it
Old 07-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

You all rock! Thank you for setting my mind at ease with this situation! Off to VIR I go. My first time ever so I'm a little nervous.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about rotors

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about rotors