Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau seats; cloth or microsuede?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Daffy2
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Corbeau seats; cloth or microsuede?

Looking for some opinions here. I got a pair of Corbeau Forza seats (with inflatable lumbar) for free because someone tried to dye the original red cloth black. No idea what they did or what they used but the cloth is now rather "crispy", just about everything that touches them turns black and they look terrible.

So, I can get brand new covers and have brand new seats for the price of the covers. I was qouted around $120 for black cloth and $170 for suede for each seat.

What are peoples opinions on either cloth or suede? I would think that suede would offer more grip to keep you in place. But is cloth easier to take care of or does it age/wear better? The car will mostly be a HPDE / auto-x car but will be street driven from time to time.

If i were buying the seats new, I would just go with cloth to save some money to put into the car. But seeing as how i'm getting the seats for just the cost of the covers, why not just spend the extra $100 and get suede. Plus if I decide to upgrade (to the FX1) then I can sell these for decent money.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:17 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

I main reason I would get the suede is because it sounds like you want that and if you are like me, and you don't get it, you will keep wishing you did. It really isn't that much more money at the end of the day.

Quick Reply: Corbeau seats; cloth or microsuede?