Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble in left rear

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 04:06 PM
1ED1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Trouble in left rear

Loud popping in left rear in right hand turns, almost like the differential clutch but a real hard sound, rotors and brakes OK. This happen on the track. C6ZO6
Old 08-12-2012, 04:29 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Several things to look at - 1) Check every suspension nut and bolt, ball joint, tie rod end, bushing, etc. for looseness or damage.
2) Check CV joints on that axle. Any play and the joint needs to be replaced. This type of noise will increase / decrease with speed change. 3) Check tightness on half shaft bolt at hub 4) Check fluid level status in diff - when was last time changed and was friction modifier added ?
Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 PM
moespeeds
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I also have the same problem, though it's very intermittent. A loud popping or banging under acceleration in hard right turns, car doesn't upset and there is no indication that anything is wrong, just the noise. I changed the diff to Royal Purple, and went over every bolt in the rear end, everything looks ok. Been doing it all season, there is another thread on it here somewhere, people have suggested it's rubber flinging off the tires, etc, but I never tracked it down. Since gutting the interior, the car makes so many other noises I don't even notice it anymore.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:13 PM
repman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...l-in-here.html

See post #32 perhaps this will help

Last edited by repman; 08-12-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Trouble in left rear

Quick Reply: Trouble in left rear