Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NT-01 Tire Wear, Why like this???

Old 08-21-2012, 05:59 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default NT-01 Tire Wear, Why like this???

Hey guys,

Overall I am very happy with the performance and life of the NT-01's I run on my C5z with the JOC suspension kit. The tire temps are fairly even (measured with probe) after a 20ish minute session and usually after a bit of adjustment I end up in the 33-34psi hot range. The edges of the tire show wear right to the tip of the triangle on the sidewall, and my last set ran down to cords evenly across the tire (they also looked like this mid life).

If you look at the pictures below, you can see that there is a bit of a "hump" and "dip" across the face of the tire. Maybe 2 inches in from the inner sidewall the tread is ~0.5-1/32nd thinner than the shoulder.

What causes this? Is it a pressure issue? Is this just the way the tires deflect under load? Like I said my last set did this also, and it all kind of evened out as the tire wore down to cords but I am still curious as to why this happens? This is on the REAR tires only.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

You should see some of the stuff I have taken from my car. I would be perfectly fine with what you are seeing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NT-01 Tire Wear, Why like this???