Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat options / questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Seat options / questions

Looking to put new seaTs in my c6z. Carvaggio seats are great because everything is plug and play, however they are very expensive. Is there a seat (sparco), that would fit in without have my airbag light on and stil being able to use my telescopic steering? I know pfadt makes a harnes for the telescoping wheel, but what about the airbag working properly?

Any help would be nice.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:29 AM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Pfaft has a little resistor that can be plugged into keep the steering wheel and air bag operational.

If your looking for a track seat, stick with Nomex seat, not leather. Leather is to slippery and really may not be that good when your real hot.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Pfaft has a little resistor that can be plugged into keep the steering wheel and air bag operational.

If your looking for a track seat, stick with Nomex seat, not leather. Leather is to slippery and really may not be that good when your real hot.
thanks for the response, I thought that Pfadt resistor only addressed the steering wheel? I think ill call them, if this is true, that solves my problem.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

just spoke to Pfadt racing. and they said that the resistor allows the telescopic steering wheel to work and turns off the airbag light.. HOWEVER , when asked about if the air bag in fact actually worked, their reply was. "we cannot make any claim that the airbag would actually work or Not". If I were Pfadt I'd say the say thing (nothing on them) , just thought I'd post this up so other forum members would have this info. Guess ill be calling carvaggio.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Bedouin
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm not familiar with all the options, but many like the Corbeau A4's...
Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

If you are going to do track events most organizations require the passenger seat be equal to the driver's seat so that means two seats. The resistor that comes with the Pfadt harness turns off the air bag light if you swap out the driver side seat but will not keep it out if you remove the passenger side seat and it has nothing to do with the telescoping steering wheel. The passenger side seat requires the occupant sensor, the seat position sensor and the air bag sensor. If you plug a resistor in the air bag sensor connector the light will stay on because you are missing the other two inputs and the passenger side air bag will not function.

To get the steering wheel to telescope the Pfadt harness requires that you remove the memory seat module from the bottom of the stock seat and plug it into the harness. This provides the correct signal switching that causes the telescoping motor to reverse directions when you push or pull on the switch mounted on the column. There are ways around that but you will need some relays to hook up to the motor inputs.

Bill
Old 08-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
If you are going to do track events most organizations require the passenger seat be equal to the driver's seat so that means two seats. The resistor that comes with the Pfadt harness turns off the air bag light if you swap out the driver side seat but will not keep it out if you remove the passenger side seat and it has nothing to do with the telescoping steering wheel. The passenger side seat requires the occupant sensor, the seat position sensor and the air bag sensor. If you plug a resistor in the air bag sensor connector the light will stay on because you are missing the other two inputs and the passenger side air bag will not function.

To get the steering wheel to telescope the Pfadt harness requires that you remove the memory seat module from the bottom of the stock seat and plug it into the harness. This provides the correct signal switching that causes the telescoping motor to reverse directions when you push or pull on the switch mounted on the column. There are ways around that but you will need some relays to hook up to the motor inputs.

Bill

Great info there, thx bill. I'd like to just drop 2 sparco seats in, but don't want to mess with airbag lights harnesses and also not being able to have power seats or heaters (not that I need heat). I may just step up and get a set of carvaggios. It's plug and play, and everything works. I believe the seats will change the driving experience

Last edited by Mike.D; 08-29-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat options / questions

Quick Reply: Seat options / questions