Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone doing VIR w/Trackdaze today or tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Is anyone doing VIR w/Trackdaze today or tomorrow?

Will be there tomorrow. Just curious if any forum peeps to hang out with.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:52 PM
SharkBit
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were there yesterday. Had an awesome time on track. Weather was perfect.

Had some brake fade in the last session and decided to take it easy. Hope you had a good time. Track Daze is a good group to run with.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I had to skip this weekend, but will see you in November at VIR with TrackDaze.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:18 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was instructing in my Silver C5 Z both days but could not get internet in the garage suites so never had a chance to log on .... sorry I missed ya ... I think my next event with them will be November with full / grand course .
Old 08-29-2012, 06:55 AM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I missed this thread! We had the three ZR-1's up on the hill. Love the TrackDaze events!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dang, sorry I miss this thread! I was there both days instructing in my black C6Z. I was parked in the first row next to the pits.

I'll also be there for the Grand course in November.

Jim
Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Dang, sorry I miss this thread! I was there both days instructing in my black C6Z. I was parked in the first row next to the pits.

Jim
Old 08-29-2012, 10:33 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Shrek
Sorry I missed this thread! We had the three ZR-1's up on the hill. Love the TrackDaze events!
Totally missed those. Don't remember seeing any ZR1s in the advanced.

Originally Posted by jlutherva

Jim
Seems like I walked by there after lunch, but I wasn't sure that was your car or not and I didn't see you. Were you parked close to the Noble? Interesting car.

Daughters first day of school was Monday so I could only do Tuesday, but it was a pretty good day to be out there. The 2 Porsche race cars that were running in advanced were pretty fast. I was behind one of them going thru the esseses - .

Going back the 21st of Sept with Rezoom. Hope to meet more members then.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,073 Likes on 644 Posts

Any lap times?

My friend in his Red 09' GTR with an APR wing and splitter ran a couple 2:02's and almost everything in traffic or otherwise was sub 2:10. It's got big number circles on it and it's hard to miss. He mentioned that the only cars quicker were some stock cars and an ACR that could keep up with him in the corners. Wondered if any ZR1's ran across him? I would be interested to hear any comments on his driving as well good or bad.

Just saw his report which was kind of cool. They stick something to the glass that acts as a transponder and have their own timing beacon? Interesting. I hadn't heard of that before.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:00 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I think he was in my group. There were 2 GTRs, one being an orange and black one and a gray one. I just don't remember hearing the turbo whine on one before. Just curious if that is stock boost. It is impressive how quickly they get the power down exiting turns.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,073 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
I think he was in my group. There were 2 GTRs, one being an orange and black one and a gray one. I just don't remember hearing the turbo whine on one before. Just curious if that is stock boost. It is impressive how quickly they get the power down exiting turns.
I am guessing it was this one.

It has the AMS Alpha 9 package and as I recall that requires a turbo change. Also I think he runs 18 lbs. of boost where stock is 11. As hot as it was my guess is that it was making 650 AWHP. It dynoed at 693 with his track tune with more conservative afr and timing settings. It did put down 720 AWHP at AMS with a less conservative street tune. He actually went to AMS, became a dealer, and did the conversion himself in their shop. That was pretty cool. Yes they do come off the corners hard.

Lastly a Corvette setup comparably with similar power would be in the low to mid 1:50's so he has a bit of work to do.

Last edited by Racingswh; 08-30-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:23 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Originally Posted by waddisme
Totally missed those. Don't remember seeing any ZR1s in the advanced.

Seems like I walked by there after lunch, but I wasn't sure that was your car or not and I didn't see you. Were you parked close to the Noble? Interesting car.

Daughters first day of school was Monday so I could only do Tuesday, but it was a pretty good day to be out there. The 2 Porsche race cars that were running in advanced were pretty fast. I was behind one of them going thru the esseses - .

Going back the 21st of Sept with Rezoom. Hope to meet more members then.
Yup, that was me. I had two students so I was fairly busy.

On the last run session, I started after the two Porsche Race cars. I hung with them for a lap but when they got their tires warmed up they were gone! "thru" the esses is a good way to put it - they essentially did go straight through esses, all the way over on the F1 curbing, and according to my passenger, airborne.

It was a little warm but a great event.

My next events are with Chin at Barber 9/22-23 and Road Atlanta 9/29-30. Anybody else going to these?

Jim
Old 08-30-2012, 10:10 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlutherva
Yup, that was me. I had two students so I was fairly busy.

On the last run session, I started after the two Porsche Race cars. I hung with them for a lap but when they got their tires warmed up they were gone! "thru" the esses is a good way to put it - they essentially did go straight through esses, all the way over on the F1 curbing, and according to my passenger, airborne.

It was a little warm but a great event.

My next events are with Chin at Barber 9/22-23 and Road Atlanta 9/29-30. Anybody else going to these?

Jim
I had two students as well but was not feeling so good so only mustered 3 sessions out of my silver Z with a best of 2:13 and most winding up in the 2:16 range so I had little chance of sticking with any of the fast cars. I think my next event will be with NASA at CMP .... been a while since i have been there...

Last edited by RaleighSS; 08-30-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Is anyone doing VIR w/Trackdaze today or tomorrow?

Quick Reply: Is anyone doing VIR w/Trackdaze today or tomorrow?