Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailex question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 10:39 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Default Trailex question

I would like to pick up a Trailex 8045. Curious on experiences with loading a lowered C5. Do you need extended ramps?

Do you generally buy these direct from Trailex and pay the price on the website, or are there local dealers that discount the price. A google search does not really seem to turn up dealers in the north no area.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Dom, there is usually a vendor w/display model at the Carlisle shows - not sure if he does all, but I know he is there for the larger shows. I always stop, talk w/the guy and slobber over his display trailer. Let me check some old programs and I'll let you know if it is a dealer.

btw - great product and loads of options.

Mike
Old 09-16-2012, 08:02 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

I am planning on tire rack, spare, winch, and tool box.

Funny thing is that a few weeks ago someone on the board sold one and lived about 10miles from me. Ugh
Old 09-16-2012, 08:56 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PaConehead
Dom, there is usually a vendor w/display model at the Carlisle shows - not sure if he does all, but I know he is there for the larger shows. I always stop, talk w/the guy and slobber over his display trailer. Let me check some old programs and I'll let you know if it is a dealer.

btw - great product and loads of options.

Mike
I walked through one of his display trailers a few years ago at Carlisle and loved it, I also remember thinking it was expensive but his sale price was really good.

Last year I was thinking of a new trailer and that oen came to mind but I couldnt remember the name of the trailer or who was selling them so I reached out to Lance Miller and he said that it was a Trailex trailer but that was as far as I got so would be interested in his info as well.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Maybe this is it.

http://www.trailex.com/show.cfm
Old 09-16-2012, 10:50 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

You got it- they are scheduled for the fall show. I found a program and they are listed in the manufacturers midway - so I doubt that would be a dealer, but you might get discount. If you come Carlisle, let me know - I'll be at the show and also volunteered to work the auction, so I'll be around. I'd be glad to keep that trailer at my house for you!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:52 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

look up http://pitproducts.com

and under ramps.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:27 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

I called Trailex and they told me that if I committ this week, they can have it at Carlisle or Hershey to be picked up. $750 off and no delivery charge if you pick it up from those locations.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Trying to decide if I should get electric or surge brakes. I am thinking with the surge brakes I would have more flexibility when using different vehicles and also less adjusting to worry about. Thoughts?

Also looking for hitch recommendations. There is already a hitch receiver and 7 pin connector on the Armada.

Last edited by 2 GTOs; 09-17-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Trailex question

Quick Reply: Trailex question