Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gainesville Raceway Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Spardue13
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gainesville Raceway Track Day

Hello All,
I am arranging a private track day at Gainesville Raceway Circuit Course on November 4, 2012. Auto Plus Raceway
The track is roughly 1.2 miles in the configuration we plan to use. We'll have cars of all types there, so please forward this to any enthusiasts that may be interested. It will also be a great place to teach younger drivers to handle their cars at higher performance levels, with a relaxed atmosphere. Gainesville Road Course doesn't have any barriers or walls, so beginner drivers don't have to worry about hitting anything should they slide off the track (just open grass).

I'm selling roughly 16 spots for a full day of track time. We're keeping the number of drivers down so there will be nearly no wait time to drive. We'll go with 10 drivers minimum at $250 per car, but if we get the full 16, the entry fee will go down to approximately $160 per car (I'll refund the difference to each driver). The more drivers, the cheaper it becomes for all of us.

Rules,
4 Cars on the Track at once.
Passing Only in Designated Area, and only when waived on by the leading car (we'll explain when we are there).
Always follow the directions of the Marshall and/or fire-rescue crew (will be on site the whole day).
Street legal cars only.
Valid Drivers license.

Recommendations
Helmets if you have them.
Brakes, have them checked, and/or replace the fluid with AP600 high temp.
Check your tires, make sure there are no visible cords.
Check your insurance policy; drivers are responsible for their cars and person.
Bring some sunscreen, food and drinks with you; we'll get hot and hungry.

Please PM me or email me if you are interested.

Steve
simplestudios@hotmail.com
Old 09-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 768 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Spardue13
Hello All,
I am arranging a private track day at Gainesville Raceway Circuit Course on November 4, 2012. Auto Plus Raceway
The track is roughly 1.2 miles in the configuration we plan to use. We'll have cars of all types there, so please forward this to any enthusiasts that may be interested. It will also be a great place to teach younger drivers to handle their cars at higher performance levels, with a relaxed atmosphere. Gainesville Road Course doesn't have any barriers or walls, so beginner drivers don't have to worry about hitting anything should they slide off the track (just open grass).

I'm selling roughly 16 spots for a full day of track time. We're keeping the number of drivers down so there will be nearly no wait time to drive. We'll go with 10 drivers minimum at $250 per car, but if we get the full 16, the entry fee will go down to approximately $160 per car (I'll refund the difference to each driver). The more drivers, the cheaper it becomes for all of us.

Rules,
4 Cars on the Track at once.
Passing Only in Designated Area, and only when waived on by the leading car (we'll explain when we are there).
Always follow the directions of the Marshall and/or fire-rescue crew (will be on site the whole day).
Street legal cars only.
Valid Drivers license.

Recommendations
Helmets if you have them.
Brakes, have them checked, and/or replace the fluid with AP600 high temp.
Check your tires, make sure there are no visible cords.
Check your insurance policy; drivers are responsible for their cars and person.
Bring some sunscreen, food and drinks with you; we'll get hot and hungry.

Please PM me or email me if you are interested.

Steve
simplestudios@hotmail.com
Steve,

I'm seeing a conflict between those two statements. It sounds like the entrants are going to sitting things out 2/3 to 3/4 of their time there. I've been there, and that course can handle well over four cars per session.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Don O.
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve, are you sure about street cars only? I have tested my race car there before. May be interested if race cars are allowed.

Thanks, Don
Old 09-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Spardue13
Cruising

I've been to Gainesville Road Course as well; on a day with these same rules and the only time in the day when we had a wait was the first hour of the day.

If we get there and feel more people on the track are needed to decrease wait times, we can make that change. I have no problem increasing the number on track at once. That's the beauty of a private track day... I make the rules (most of them).

Steve
Old 09-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Spardue13
Cruising

Originally Posted by Don O.
Steve, are you sure about street cars only? I have tested my race car there before. May be interested if race cars are allowed.

Thanks, Don
Don,
We can accept track cars as well, but they will have slightly different requirements. For example, you will need a SNELL rated helmet, certain modifications may require a roll bar or roll cage, etc. If you are interested in coming and provide me details of your car, I'll contact the track and find out the requirements.

Also, please note there will be several people at the track that have never been to a track day. There will be some slower moving objects on the track that may slow you down.

Steve
Old 09-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Don O.
Pro

Default Test

Steve my car is HSR legal and I have all of the current safety equipment. It is a Panoz GTS LS powered. I need to test a new setup and Gainesville is a good place to do it.

Don

Last edited by Don O.; 09-27-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Spardue13
Cruising

Fantastic. I'll look forward to meeting you. I'll send a PM to you with the payment info.

Steve
Old 09-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Don O.
Pro

Default Track Day

Payment sent, who else is going, chime in!!

Don
Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Spardue13
Cruising

Default Track Day

I have the track layout if anyone would like to see it. PM or email and I'll send it to you (I'm not able to attach it to the site).
Old 09-27-2012, 03:57 PM
jbondfl
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Seriously,,, I've lived in the area for thirty years,,, been to the Gator National many times.... never realized there was a road course there......... duh

Just got into HPDE and this is close enough to try out (as close as Sebring)

PM sent
Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Spardue13
Cruising

Originally Posted by jbondfl
Seriously,,, I've lived in the area for thirty years,,, been to the Gator National many times.... never realized there was a road course there......... duh

PM sent
Just sent you an email jbondfl. Hope you can join us. It will be a low pressure environment with enthusiasts helping each other out. I went to the track several times before I found out they had a road course as well. For some reason they don't publicize it very much. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Han Solo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jbondfl

PM sent
I wouldn't really call it a road course. It's more like a test track.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Spardue13
Cruising

whatever it's called it serves the purpose just fine for what we're going to do.

come join us.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Don O.
Pro

Default Track

Agree with Steve, it's a great place to test (like I am doing) and a great place for newbies to introduce themselves to this type of fun with your cars, track days or HPDE whatever you want to call it, I guarantee you will have fun!

I am running Atlanta Motorsports Park the next weekend and this is a great place to dust off the cob webs!

I am open to help anyone with advice or tips while I am there. I have been racing and doing HPDE's for a long time and enjoy instructing newbies!

Bring it on guys!

Don
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Spardue13
Cruising

Only 7 spots left. Entry has gone down to $190 and will drop farther as the last spots fill up.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Spardue13
Cruising

We’re almost full with only 4 spots remaining! To pre-register for the discounted rate at $160 send me a PM or email me and I’ll forward the details to you.
If we have any open spots on the day of the event, onsite registration will cost $200.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Spardue13
Cruising

Two spots left. $160 to preregister and $200 at the door.

Get notified of new replies

To Gainesville Raceway Track Day

Quick Reply: Gainesville Raceway Track Day