Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Sports Inc (CSI)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 09:42 AM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Corvette Sports Inc (CSI)

Special thanks go out to Joel and Dean (?) at CSI for the all nighter they pulled swapping our trans and clutch at the Runoffs after the first day of qualifying. The car was refusing multiple gears. This was the night AFTER they pulled another all night job swapping in a new motor for Oli.

These guys rock!!! Completely inspected the car and fixed a few other smaller items right down to replacing the vacuum fitting cap I fashioned that morning out of a piece of brake bleed hose and a screw when I couldn't find a proper cap. Can you say attention to detail?

AND........Joels Dad came to the track and loaded up the car in their rig so we wouldn't have to tear down our tent. Thanks Dick. Joel delivered the car promptly at 7am as promised so I could have some time before our 825 Q session. Natha shaved 8+ seconds off her lap times.

Thanks Joel............known here as 96CollectorSport
Old 09-22-2012, 04:06 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Joel is a good guy
Old 09-22-2012, 05:05 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Net Joel at NASA Nationals. Great guy!

Kevin
Old 09-22-2012, 06:06 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone that has been going to events in the Midwest knows that he is super helpful and knows his stuff. You definitely have a decent shot at overcoming most mechanicals if he is at the track.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:42 PM
GT Racing Tires
Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Joel will always go the extra mile to help. He has helped myself and friends MANY times. Tip him a case of spotted cow and you will be friends for life!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Thanks for all the kind words guys!
It's been a busy couple weeks for me and the CSI crew, we had NASA Nationals 3 weeks ago where Rory and Geff did really well, then we had a short week to get the cars ready for Autobahn followed by a few long nights getting Oli and Natha up and running again.
How do you end a few weeks like that? Drive from WI to Oklahoma City to pick up a new (to me) truck. 14 hrs one way - left Friday afternoon and got back Saturday night!

I'm just happy to be able to keep you guys doing what you enjoy - meeting and hanging out with Corvette people is what it's all about. Especially if there's a cold case of Spotted Cow to pass around!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 AM
TmillerC5
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Joel is the best, and sorry I was out of town as you drove throgh St. Louis to get the truck. See you in a couple weeks at RA
Tim
Old 09-24-2012, 11:32 PM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you should have told me about the spotted cow............will see what I can do!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

oh yeah gotta love the spotted cow!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Yes! Joel and Dean did an outstanding job getting my car back into shape for the first day of qualifying. I got the car back just in time to change tires, set pressures, put on the correct numbers and drive to grid with about one minute to spare. Whoo hoo! That is racing.....
Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Crankedupforit
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joel took the time to go back to the shop and get me a CTS V rotor during my last track day at Road America (find one of those on a Saturday afternoon). He saved my weekend.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

This is cool...a thread on the CF calling Joel out for all the hard work and cool stuff he does for the Corvette community; wheither clients of CSI or just HPDE track guys.

I've known Joel for a while and am priviledged to be associated with him not only at the track but having fun (Spotted Cow's involved) at DeO'Malley's, or at the pub around the corner watching the Cards kick the Brewer's *** in the playoffs...of course Joel and Ashley came to St. Louis to sample some of our local brew @ Schafley's and then we watched the Brewer's kick the Cards *** at Busch stadium III.

Joel is always willing to offer his expertise on any question I've thrown at him, as well as many bench racing conversations about the sport.

Maybe I'm just partial...b/c I know the guy, but I don't know many people that openly will help you with what ever your situation is.

Joel has brought me tires (from Greg & Todd) and met me at Autobahn, tried to track down impossible parts (like melted Z06 brake caliper pistons), tried to fix/analyze a blown clutch slave...the dude has his arm stuffed up into my tunnel trying to see if it can be bled...but it was toast (thanks GM for those plastic parts in your $80k "track" cars).

Joel is a problem solver...that just has the opportunity to focus on making Corvette's go fast.

I know i've never ever heard Joel say "we didn't make the grid" or we just had to pack it up an leave.

Joel faces much advercity in competition and always puts top notch stuff in his client's hands.

I've been doing track events for a long time (1st one in 1982) and have done track's from Barber in AL to RA. Hammering into T1 or T5 @ RA @ 160 mph is incredible but that's only part of what makes track events a big part of my free time.

People, community, relationships, guys like Greg, Todd, and Joel (and Ashley) are just as important as the high from a great lap.

Last edited by Gary2KC5; 09-29-2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: fix
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I have never done business with them, but all I hear is good things about them.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Racing Rory
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear that CSI is getting the praise that they deserve. The whole team over at CSI is great and they have been an absolute pleasure getting to know. Over the last 3 years of working with them there has been many late nights, early mornings, repairs made, problems found and a few pretty quick Corvette's built and maintained. We have ordered parts on the way to the track and worked many late hours getting the cars ready to be out on the track. I have seen Joel at the track helping many people (inlcuding competitors) with any problem on any type of car. Thanks GAS and Joel for the help and support.

Joel, tell me more about this new truck........

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Sports Inc (CSI)

Quick Reply: Corvette Sports Inc (CSI)