Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Autocrossing Events Around Central Indiana??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 PM
dbartromvette
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Any Autocrossing Events Around Central Indiana??

I have been trying to find somewhere to go autocrossing or road racing here in Indiana. I know people race at the Grissom Air Force base, but I have no clue when, or if there is anywhere else to go.

Any help would be awesome! I just really want to get out there and push my car to its limits. I have been doing a lot of drag racing and am just looking for something different.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:56 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

PM vettehardt (David), he does a lot of AutoX and High Speed NCCC events in Indiana.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

There's tons of events in and around the region, you might have to drive a few miles, but Indy, Ft Wayne, Toledo, and the Chicago area have events all the time. If you are serious you can run every weekend from April unitl the end of October. And that doesn't include NCCC events.

The season is pretty much over, but both Indy region of the SCCA and several other regions run quite often at Grissom. As a matter of fact, there was an Indy region SCCA event there yesterday. Ft Wayne region is also very active and not far from you. They have an event on the 28th at IPFW Fort Wayne Campus.

Unfortunately the season is pretty much over, just a few events left before it gets too miserable to be fun.

There is also the Great Lakes Solo series, bigger and more competitive events around the general Great Lakes area.

Welcome to the additiction...
Old 10-15-2012, 02:22 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dbartromvette
I have been trying to find somewhere to go autocrossing or road racing here in Indiana. I know people race at the Grissom Air Force base, but I have no clue when, or if there is anywhere else to go.

Any help would be awesome! I just really want to get out there and push my car to its limits. I have been doing a lot of drag racing and am just looking for something different.
For 2013 check out 10/10ths Motorsports. They run a HPDE program at Putnam Park west of Indianapolis about 6-8 times per year. They have 3 run groups , Green limited passing zones with point by, Yellow group unlimited passing with point by and Red group for advanced drivers open passing w/o point by. They also are now doing some Time Trails in the red group. Last event for 10/10ths was last weekend but 2013 schedule should be up in the next month or so. Go to web site for photos from 2012.

Also the Indiana Region of NCCC does a lot of autocross events around central Indiana. Last one of the year is October 27 -28 at Grissom Air Base near Peru. Again check Indiana Region of NCCC website for more details.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 PM
NASCAR314
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I know people race at the Grissom Air Force base, but I have no clue when
October 27th and 28th is last one this year.
Click here for info:
Indiana Region NCCC

I'll be their. Hope to see you!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:10 PM
dbartromvette
Racer

Thanks for the responses guys I am going to try to make it to the Grissom run this sun. I hope it doesn't rain! I can't wait to push her to the limit! Hope to see you there JohnAlley!

-Daniel
Old 10-18-2012, 10:38 PM
NASCAR314
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

For THIS weekend, Oct. 20th and 21st you could drive up to South Bend to TireRack for NCCC events on both days.

Look here for the flyers --> Midwest Region NCCC Flyers

I'll be there as well as Grissom on Oct. 27th and 28th.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:15 AM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by NASCAR314
For THIS weekend, Oct. 20th and 21st you could drive up to South Bend to TireRack for NCCC events on both days.
I'll be there !!!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 768 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAR314

Look here for the flyers --> Midwest Region NCCC Flyers

I'll be there as well as Grissom on Oct. 27th and 28th.
I might see you there (hauling from KCMO).
Old 10-19-2012, 10:32 AM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys I am going to try to make it to the Grissom run this sun. I hope it doesn't rain! I can't wait to push her to the limit! Hope to see you there JohnAlley!

-Daniel
Not going to be able to go to Grissom at end of month. Had a major off road excursion at Putnam Park last weekend. Car is going to Danny Popp for a good look over. Don't think anything major is hurt but I want to be sure. Hit a ditch sidways at about 100 mph and took a short nap from the impact. Want to make sure suspension is OK before I run it very hard again.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:07 PM
dbartromvette
Racer

Originally Posted by JohnAlley
Not going to be able to go to Grissom at end of month. Had a major off road excursion at Putnam Park last weekend. Car is going to Danny Popp for a good look over. Don't think anything major is hurt but I want to be sure. Hit a ditch sidways at about 100 mph and took a short nap from the impact. Want to make sure suspension is OK before I run it very hard again.
WOW! Glad to hear you are okay! I hope the car checks out! Hopefully you will be out running again soon.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 AM
jawfixer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! Glad to hear you are okay! I hope the car checks out! Hopefully you will be out running again soon.
Daniel--give me a pm--I am real close to you and can help you when u r interested in tracking your car. Autocross will get you hooked and then tracking will send you over the falls
Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 PM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I will be at grissom this weekend with my yellow 76 vette. I believe I will also be doing tech inspection.

Things to remeber:
Helmet (must be snell rated wihtin last 10 years) Loaners may be available.
Warm clothes as it is supposed to be cold. It can get very windy out there also.
Make sure car is cleaned out and has no objects that can roll around and get under brake pedal.

See you there
David

Get notified of new replies

To Any Autocrossing Events Around Central Indiana??

Quick Reply: Any Autocrossing Events Around Central Indiana??