Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with replacing clutch using Pfadt engine mounts

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 02:13 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Problem with replacing clutch using Pfadt engine mounts

The way the mounts are designed, the engine can't pivot downwards as you lower the driveline. I'm thinking about loosening the mounts and trying to rotate them 90 degrees which should allow the engine to pivot, but I figured I'd ask what some of you have done before I go through the trouble.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
zigspeed10
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pulled my driveline out tonight and my car has the pfadt engine mounts. All I did was loosen the bottom nut of the engine mount, the one from underneath on the cradle. I didn't look to see if loosening the nut did it or if the poly has enough give but the engine leaned back no problem.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:06 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

It's been awhile since I installed a set of those; do they have the locator pins like OEM?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by zigspeed10
I just pulled my driveline out tonight and my car has the pfadt engine mounts. All I did was loosen the bottom nut of the engine mount, the one from underneath on the cradle. I didn't look to see if loosening the nut did it or if the poly has enough give but the engine leaned back no problem.
Thanks David. That's what I ended up doing. It still didn't move much, but it was just enough.

Originally Posted by SteveDotenMotorsports
It's been awhile since I installed a set of those; do they have the locator pins like OEM?
Yes, but they are not as big as the ones on the OE mounts. I tried to jack the engine up from underneath and rotate them 90*, but I couldn't get it high enough to unseat the locator pins.

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with replacing clutch using Pfadt engine mounts

Quick Reply: Problem with replacing clutch using Pfadt engine mounts