Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[video] Exclusive video of C7 Corvette's reconfigurable gauge cluster

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 06:05 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Default [video] Exclusive video of C7 Corvette's reconfigurable gauge cluster

Includes Lap times!

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/15/c...ome_latest_art
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

looks awesome they sure put alot of emphasis on tracking the car but we all know how the engine warrantys go if they find out
Old 01-15-2013, 09:17 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

I'll bet a lot this one has all kinds of black box snitches built in.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im always warry of the refresh rates on digit tachs. I love their look and my car is an 89 because I wanted digital dash and the 6 spees. However I have yet to see a digital dash in person that has lived up to the speed and response of an analog gauge. Hopefully one day ill see one.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 AM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dvandentop
looks awesome they sure put alot of emphasis on tracking the car but we all know how the engine warrantys go if they find out
The ability to monitor lap times, without the ability to run laps.....kinda like a comp mode, but the warranty is void if you are on any surface meant for competition.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM
dmyers
Racer

Location: A place where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rithsleeper
Im always warry of the refresh rates on digit tachs. I love their look and my car is an 89 because I wanted digital dash and the 6 spees. However I have yet to see a digital dash in person that has lived up to the speed and response of an analog gauge. Hopefully one day ill see one.
They've come a long way since the digital tachs of the C4's. The Lexus LFA had to go with a digital tach because they said they couldn't get an analog one that could keep up with how fast the engine in it could spin. The one in my S2000 is pretty good as well.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM
sebdavid
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmyers
They've come a long way since the digital tachs of the C4's. The Lexus LFA had to go with a digital tach because they said they couldn't get an analog one that could keep up with how fast the engine in it could spin. The one in my S2000 is pretty good as well.
I agree with you on the digital tach issue, but that claim by Lexus has always smelled like BS to me. Plus, I've seen a few videos of it and it seems all choppy and unstable. Carrera GT had a super fast revving engine as well and "made do" with a normal analog tach.

Last edited by sebdavid; 01-16-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To [video] Exclusive video of C7 Corvette's reconfigurable gauge cluster

Quick Reply: [video] Exclusive video of C7 Corvette's reconfigurable gauge cluster