Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need c6 harness/bar input for HPDE...

Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 AM
yow
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need c6 harness/bar input for HPDE...

I've done a few HPDE's and will do AMP and Putnam Park this year. I think the next place I spend money will be in a harness bar and harness for my c6 (not Z06). I'm researching and see too many options. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

It seems like something a welder friend of mine could make pretty easily and much cheaper than the $350-400 for the bar. Or could I find a used one that would work? And what about expired(?) harnesses - can I find those used or should I just suck it up and spend the bill on a new one? Must I get a race seat or can I really use a sternum strap of sort?

Thanks for any input!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:41 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yow,
I might have a full set available in April. That would include a Brey-Krause Harness bar, black drilled panels, 6-point harnesses, seats and fixed brackets.

Where are you located?

Jim
Old 02-07-2013, 10:59 AM
yow
Pro

Originally Posted by jlutherva
Yow,
I might have a full set available in April. That would include a Brey-Krause Harness bar, black drilled panels, 6-point harnesses, seats and fixed brackets.

Where are you located?

Jim
Jim, I'm in Clarksville TN. I would love to have first option to buy. We, like most, want to save money by buying used if possible. I'm going to AMP in May so as soon as your stuff is available, let me know. I might want it all. I have my first child coming in April so yhe sooner the better on the sale. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:48 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yow,
This route disables the airbags so you will also want to start looking for a Hans Device. I've purchased two on the forum.

Jim
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM
1BDRSK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You might have a hard time using the harness bar/harness with stock seats as alot of organizations won't allow it.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

read the stickies

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...e-learned.html
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM
boltvette
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Before you go to the expense of a harness and a harness bar and a HANS and maybe a seat, look into Angel Pads. For a part-time HPDE/track day participant, they're a hell of a lot cheaper and will keep your butt planted in your stock seat.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:44 PM
cruzin2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a harness bar, I went with the brey-krause. Its at least been tested to seat belt standards. Very sturdy.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 AM
yow
Pro

Originally Posted by jlutherva
Yow,
This route disables the airbags so you will also want to start looking for a Hans Device. I've purchased two on the forum.

Jim
I've read til my eyes bleed. My tiny brain can't hold all the info so I have to ask questions that have been answered before.

Is there a way to bypass the disabling of the airbags when you swap to a race seat? I'm on the fence as to whether or not my car will eventually become a track car or stay a part time HPDE car (and buy a track car later). If I go with the harness bar/seat/hans etc, it'll probably sway me to go all out down the road.

I'll research the angel pads. I looked into them at one time and a friend said she could probably make them. The less money I spend into this car, the more I'll have to buy a track car down the road, right?

Get notified of new replies

To Need c6 harness/bar input for HPDE...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need c6 harness/bar input for HPDE...