Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Accusump or Dry Sump ?

Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 PM
redhot400
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 Accusump or Dry Sump ?

Hey All ...

Am currently seting up my 05 Z51, 470 RWHP vette as a track car as I can afford it. Currently have done the air intake, cam, heads and new exhaust, including headers from the heads back.

Also started my NASA HDPE program and am planning my second track event Mar 8/9. I am very concerned about oil starvation and looked into retro fitting a later model dry sump system on my 05 and was told I could not since the crank has been extended to accommodate the drive on later model vettes, which would make that option a very expensive proposition. First is the info I got about the dry sump system correct and second is the Canton Accusump System a good alternative. If it is where is the best location if I don't want it installed in the interior of the car. Any and all help is very much appreciated and I'd love to hook up with some folks that have already been down this road. Thanks much for any info and feedback.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,082 Likes on 655 Posts

You are correct that you cannot install an LS7 style dry sump to your LS2 because of the crank length.

You can install an aftermarket dry sump such as A.R.E. although this will be a few grand to do at least.
They are (IMHO) much better then an accusump, but you get what you pay for. The accusump does work though and we have installed them in the left front fender behind the wheel.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:39 PM
redhot400
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey THANKS Doug for your advice! I very much appreciate the time you spent with me on the phone as well.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

just to add, an accusump has one unique feature, that it allows for great pre-lube of your engine during startup. Rememeber, the old Castrol adds...."75% of ALL engine wear occurs at startup"
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 AM
E_C5
Pro

Check out Dailey dry sump. I think its one of the best on the market.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM
CantonRacingProducts
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just figured we would toss our .02 cents in the forum. As far as a dry sump set up goes. They are the best oiling system you can get for a car. The downside of the dry sumps setups are the cost and complexity of them. If the cost is not an issue and you are comfortable putting together a dry sump system then this is easily the best way to go.

However, we have found in most applications that a well baffled oil pan and an accusump gives a more then ample set up at a fraction of the cost of a dry sump and good amount less complex. Just our .02 cents

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 Accusump or Dry Sump ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Accusump or Dry Sump ?