Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Column and Angle Sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 04:40 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Steering Column and Angle Sensor question

What exactly is this part hanging off the end of my column? Why are the sensors different, was there a change mid year in the 05's? Any idea if I can remove the cylindrical device hanging off the back of the column near the steering shaft connection?

Background: Base C6 racecar, not the original owner, its been wrecked before so replacement parts may have been off of a different year car. Steering Angle sensor is showing a fault so I bought a new one for an 05'. Removed the seat, crawled over the cage, removed the column, only to find the old sensor had the index pin removed, does that matter? Also the new sensor (on the right) looks different than the old sensor.

So, lets do this with pics, what is the device at the bottom left of this pic:

Where does the white Ribbon Cable go to: please don't tell me the friggin steering lock box and I ripped this out!

Finally, why are the sensors different if they are both for an 05', can you identify what is what? Old is on the left, new is on the right:

Old:

New:

Quick Reply: Steering Column and Angle Sensor question