Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with BFG Rivals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Soloontario
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Experience with BFG Rivals?

As it says. I gather some smaller sizes have developed tread splice widening but not sure about the larger ones.

Thinking of running 295/35-18s at all 4 corners on 10.5" rims but am a bit concerned that the tire is tall at 26.1" and will kill any brake ducts.

Happy to hear anyone's experience.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 PM
hklvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The big sizes aren't going to be available until May IIRC. TireRack has arrival dates listed, but they have been getting delayed further...
Old 04-24-2013, 09:34 PM
justkickin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hklvette
The big sizes aren't going to be available until May IIRC. TireRack has arrival dates listed, but they have been getting delayed further...
Yeah...tell me about it...grrrrrr
Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 AM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got about 23 runs on a set of Rivals but not on a corvette (my co-driver has 20 runs as well for a total of 43 on the set). We ran and won with them at the Mineral Wells Pro Solo and ran them locally comparing to a set of Z2s.

So far I really like the Rivals. They are more quiet on the street than the Z2, seem to have much better attributes all around on our nose heavy WRX. Also unlike the Z2, they were fast right out of the box, peeling the stickers off and setting my fastest right side time all weekend on 2nd run these ever. So far the Z2 and the Rival are wearing very well.

Get notified of new replies

To Experience with BFG Rivals?

Quick Reply: Experience with BFG Rivals?