Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIM Solo Feedback

Old 05-05-2013, 11:33 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AIM Solo Feedback

For those running an AIM Solo DT, how are you liking the unit?
Was it plug and play, and are you getting your monies worth?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Still waiting for them to fix the steering wheel angle and brake pressure reading from the ecu.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:50 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Still waiting for them to fix the steering wheel angle and brake pressure reading from the ecu.
What readings do you pick up and what do you use for video? I was planning to buy the DL model and use gopro cameras for video. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm very happy with my regular Solo. The next version of AIM software will allow data overlay with gopro. Should be out soon.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Yep, that is a bit annoying. From what they said it works just fine on EU cars but does not work on US cars for some reason which they are trying to figure out. For the rest though I really like the system. Just took me a second to figure out how to get the DL to learn the proper gear ratio. skfx I'm also running mine with a smartycam and when it comes to ease of integrating data with video it can't get any simpler. Solo automatically turns the camera on, your data is overlayed automatically on video. Just download the files from your camera (or pull out the micro sd card) stick it on your laptop and you are viewing your last run in seconds.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:57 AM
damenh85
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the regular- love it. Very clean and simple to use.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:39 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Werks
skfx I'm also running mine with a smartycam and when it comes to ease of integrating data with video it can't get any simpler. Solo automatically turns the camera on, your data is overlayed automatically on video. Just download the files from your camera (or pull out the micro sd card) stick it on your laptop and you are viewing your last run in seconds.
The Smarty cam looks pretty slick but at $1K, I was at least hoping it would record in hi def.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

The new HD version should be out in about a month if you want that. I just picked the original version. Got a brand new one off of E-bay a few months ago for $600. Image quality is just fine for what I use it for which is reviewing my driving etc.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:45 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Ron,

I am trying to get Mikymu to buy the new HD version so he can do one of his famous reviews on it.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:59 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I run the non-DL version. I'm a big fan; it is great for lap comparisons. The only issue is if you go to a track not in the database and you don't create it before you'll need to physically walk onto the start/finish line or be allowed to stop the car on it for a second to create the track. I've never bothered to use the software to create the track. On Saturday I just walked out to the start/finish prior to the track going hot.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:06 AM
sebdavid
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my regular one. It works, not too expensive, allows me to do overlay, and is a high-quality unit with a long-lasting battery. I would have preferred the DL version but it doesn't work with the C5 apparently.

I recommend it.

Make sure you download your data to PC regularly. Once, I did several days without taking the time to download the data and the earlier data was overwritten without warning, which really sucked.

Get notified of new replies

To AIM Solo Feedback

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AIM Solo Feedback