Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We take you deeper into the corners

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Default We take you deeper into the corners

When you want the control and modulation to take your track-bred car deep into the turns, you need unsurpassed Carbotech brake technology. Going deep before you brake allows you to stay on the accelerator longer going into the corner and even faster coming out.

If you're a professional racer, or if you're taking your street car to the track for club events, Carbotech has the best braking solution. That's why we are becoming the #1 manufacturer of performance brake pads around the world with professional and club racers--everyone who demands the best. At Carbotech, we've been heavily involved in club and professional racing for more than 17 years. We know what you need to win.

Be on the look out for the new XP24 compound it has bite and longevity.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 PM
sebdavid
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

XP24? How would it compare with XP20 (which I just ordered)?
Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Was there ever any resolution to the backing plate issue people seemed to be having, discussed in this thread, or is that still a mystery?:
Old 05-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by sebdavid
XP24? How would it compare with XP20 (which I just ordered)?
We likely will not be making the XP24 in the base caliper pad shape. We feel that that caliper is not up to the performance of the XP24. That may change with more testing but, for now we our making it for aftermarket calipers and in the 1 piece design for the ZO6/GS caliper. If am correct you have a brembo kit? The XP24 is showing more bite with better wear so far from our race team. We our still keeping the XP20 as it is a hell of a pad, but are Grand AM series teams were asking for better wear as they don't care about the cost of the pad or replacing rotors. Obviously the XP24 is not as rotor friendly as the XP20.

Last edited by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com; 05-13-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by wtb-z
Was there ever any resolution to the backing plate issue people seemed to be having, discussed in this thread, or is that still a mystery?:
We still believe it has mostly to do with caliper.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:42 PM
bsalie99
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

what would you recommend for a 2002 Z06 , stock brakes with HPS pads now, for street and heavy autox, no track days. I just overheated the brakes at an Evo School and lost the pedal. I will be doing a fluid change and adding braided lines, but the HPS pads seemed weak.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by bsalie99
what would you recommend for a 2002 Z06 , stock brakes with HPS pads now, for street and heavy autox, no track days. I just overheated the brakes at an Evo School and lost the pedal. I will be doing a fluid change and adding braided lines, but the HPS pads seemed weak.
The AX6 should fit your goal.

The AX6™ is specifically engineered for Autocross applications. A high torque brake compound delivering reliable and consistent performance over a very wide operating temperature range of 50°F to 1100°F + (10°C to 593°C+). The advanced compound matrix provides an excellent initial bite, high coefficient of friction at lower temperatures along with very progressive brake modulation and release characteristics. AX6™ offers high fade resistance, rotor friendliness at all temperatures and excellent cold stopping power. As a result, AX6™ is an excellent choice for Autocross and has gained tremendous popularity with SCCA Prosolo/Solo2 competitors for its outstanding all around performance. Many drivers use the AX6™ for street driving as well, even though Carbotech™ doesn't recommend street driving with AX6™ due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise. AX6™ is NOT recommended as race compounds in most applications.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Black89Z51
Suckin' gas, haulin' ass.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This past weekend I finally got to push those XP12s and XP10s you sold me. I think I had to push my eyes back into my sockets.

Never once faded, and was driving deep coming from the back and front straights of VIR.

Customer for life.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:35 PM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by carbotech adam
We still believe it has mostly to do with caliper.
So you feel that is going to be normal behaviour with XP pads and stock C5/C6 base calipers?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Black89Z51
This past weekend I finally got to push those XP12s and XP10s you sold me. I think I had to push my eyes back into my sockets.

Never once faded, and was driving deep coming from the back and front straights of VIR.

Customer for life.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by wtb-z
So you feel that is going to be normal behaviour with XP pads and stock C5/C6 base calipers?
Normal I don't know because it is not every car that has a problem.

Get notified of new replies

To We take you deeper into the corners

Quick Reply: We take you deeper into the corners