Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

427 With Magnetic Ride Control

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Default 427 With Magnetic Ride Control

Know of anyone who has autocrossed a 427 with magnetic ride control, and if so, was the system suitable? Is it the same system as a Z06 has as an option? If so, what is the feedback from the Z06 owners? Thanks very much.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Vettechris996
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will definitely be "suitable". If you're a good driver, or you start to get more seat time and get faster, you'll start to realize its shortcomings. It's somewhat of a compromise and for most "average" corvette owners its great. When you start to push the car in any high performance event there will be room for improvements.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettechris996
It will definitely be "suitable". If you're a good driver, or you start to get more seat time and get faster, you'll start to realize its shortcomings. It's somewhat of a compromise and for most "average" corvette owners its great. When you start to push the car in any high performance event there will be room for improvements.
Your points are so spot on. Considering that I'm 69 and only got back into racing last year, after a 40+ year layoff, I need to seriously consider your points. The car in question is really a candidate as my wife saw the wow factor in it. If she'll drive it, then I'm willing to make some compromises, such as they will be, with a car like that. Thanks very much for the eye openers.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Vettechris996
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to help! Sounds like you have some experience but it will no doubt take some seat time to really start pushing the limits of the car. Just be warned of the addiction once you start making changes to the car!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:14 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Check out the nurburgring video with the z06 z07 and the lap times that the Camaros are running at VIR. I think the EM suspension is less compromise than you might think. Do it!
Old 05-12-2013, 02:21 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Originally Posted by crimlwC6
Check out the nurburgring video with the z06 z07 and the lap times that the Camaros are running at VIR. I think the EM suspension is less compromise than you might think. Do it!
It's not as rock-solid-stiff as some are used to with coil-overs, but that's actually its strength, increasing its compliance.

Get notified of new replies

To 427 With Magnetic Ride Control

Quick Reply: 427 With Magnetic Ride Control