Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5/10/13 NJMP and some upgrades for the Z (458 inside too)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Blackonblack89
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 5/10/13 NJMP and some upgrades for the Z (458 inside too)

Visited thunderbolt at NJMP again with TT4c (track time 4 cars) on 5/10/13. awesome weather this time. 75-80 and sunny all day. low attendance for the cars. 10 cars and something like 60 bikes. best part about tt4c is the amount of track time per dollar. did 7 20 min sessions this time. Car is setup the same as last time. same pads/tires/suspension. Awesome day just b/c I got to race with this and even sit it this monster. Im 23 and I acted like a 10 year old after this. my unaffordable dream car.

1st person :dribble:

Cool shot

Day started out rough. pulled up and got ready for tech. checked over the car the last few days before when changing the oil and changing pads/rotors/bleed. however i failed to notice a small spot of the backside of the belt beginning to come apart. no biggie. had a spare belt with me. change it out and wat a pita though with a new stock belt and my aftermarket fixed tensioner. anyways get it on and hit my first session. all went well. same with 2nd and 3rd. Lots of fun and really getting the track down. small note..... need oil cooling. cutting sessions down 5 mintutes early. oil is hitting upper 280s and Im not risking a bearing failure so I cut my fun back the last 5 minutes or so.

4th session. bout 10 minutes in, in the beginning of the octopus..... BOOM loss major power and started hearing funny noises from engine. oo no i thought **** I blew it up. CEL and STC light blow up my dash along with reduce engine power across the DAC. CRAP!!! pulled over and stopped. got it started and putted in paddock on reduced engine power. Looked at it and figured real fast wat it was. Shredded the belt!!! Belt took the tps sensor off and thats the reason for reduced power mode and all other lights. COOL such a releif!!!! went to a parts got a new belt and properly used a Tq wrench to tighted it (over tightened the 1st one i guess in my hast to make 1st session)

Awesome!!! rest of the day went smooth cept for the oil temps cutting my sessions down early. really getting car control down and instructor commented on my car control being great and reallt quick on correcting the car. he timed me and was in the low 1.40s. was told thats good time for a street car with street tires. Im happy with that. the T1r are a 220 treadware so I knew that would hold me back a little. Need to focus on looking up and ahead. NEED a racing seat BAD. stock z seats suck and my whole body was sore from holding my self in the seat. and also need oil cooling as mentiond earlier. also need more seat time:sun: hopefully ill be out there in june!!!:dribble:

Fixed the seat recently as I picked up a corbeau pro FX1 fixed seat/bracket. came with a 5 point harness. Picked up a harness bar too and that is getting p/c as we speak. I just got my seat in tonight and its awesome. pretty good but need more seat time in it. have it so I can use the stock belts and at the track will be able to use my harness so thats a bonus. Heres a pick of the seat installed with harness (bar not in yet
Pro Fx1

also to prevent fade I changed the caliper pistons to stainless units. (less heat transfer to fluid) and bought new front rotors. New slotted and cryo'd by frozenrotor. recommended by some track junkies and wont crack/warp like the crappy stock replacements ones do so quickly.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:56 PM
2MCHPWR
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

NARRA is doing thunderbolt june 7-9 if you wanna go again.
DRM sells a bolt in oil cooler. brey krause makes a good harness bar to go along with your new racing seats; get hardbar or pfadt seat brackets with 6 point harnesses.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:20 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Probably should put in a real tensioner. Just to be safe.

Old 09-01-2020, 05:34 PM
Al_Scrap
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts

Awesome number, what kind of IAT you see with that setup?

Get notified of new replies

To 5/10/13 NJMP and some upgrades for the Z (458 inside too)

Quick Reply: 5/10/13 NJMP and some upgrades for the Z (458 inside too)