Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accusump info

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:51 AM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Accusump info

Just starting to research these, any info you guys have on which model is best for the LS1/6 engines, mounting location, plumbing etc. Would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:57 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Canton or Moroso 3qt are the most popular..

http://www.accusump.com/

Most people install under the front left fender, here are some pics of my install.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:28 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone else have another location where mounting is possible?I have a methanol tank tucked down in that area.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Some people mount them where the passenger seat used to be, then they can use the manual valve. Some relocate the battery and install similar to C6. Some have mounted on the front of the frame in front of the rad. D/S fender is the easiest. Good luck with it.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Here is one

Originally Posted by GOTHAM VETTE
Does anyone else have another location where mounting is possible?I have a methanol tank tucked down in that area.
Here is where I mounted mine. Photo can be seen by going to:
http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/...with%20hithch/

The pressure relief valve does sometimes discharge; especially when the air in the sump gets below 7 or 8 psi.. With this in mind I attached a small 1/8th SS braided line that‘s maybe 3 ½ ft long and got it pointed to the road . I haven’t figured out a way for my C6 to allow me to see the pressure rise in the engine on the dashboard before firing it up. With this in mind, having the Accusump within view does allow me to watch the pressure drop on the gauge. Funny thing, on many occasions the discharge was delayed by a couple of seconds. Over a year, I had changed out everything and still had issues. Finally I discovered that when sun light directly hits the 3 quart canister for a given period of time, this prevents immediate discharge. Something is expanding inside which restricts the movement of the piston. Have now been throwing a thick blanket over it and this always dumps.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:06 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

Mounted as in the picture above. I used the manual cable run alongside the rocker panel by the driver's seat. Works very well. Use a remote line to air gauge and shrader valve by the brake master cylinder. Personally, I would never use the electrically actuated switch again as it will give trouble somewhere down the road.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirk Miller

I haven’t figured out a way for my C6 to allow me to see the pressure rise in the engine on the dashboard before firing it up.
On my C5 I turn the ignition switch on, but not start the engine, and I can see the oil pressure gage increase, and even select the oil pressure on the DIC and see the increase when I energize the Accusump.

I wait until I see 8 or 9#'s oil pressure before I start the engine.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:45 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
On my C5 I turn the ignition switch on, but not start the engine, and I can see the oil pressure gage increase, and even select the oil pressure on the DIC and see the increase when I energize the Accusump.

I wait until I see 8 or 9#'s oil pressure before I start the engine.
I have a C5 installed in same place as photos above but mine is not straight up and down ... more caddy corner. I have the electric switch for 2 years now with no issues .. .each start watch pressure build to 15 PSI then fire up. You can pretty much put these things anywhere they fit :-)

Get notified of new replies

To Accusump info

Quick Reply: Accusump info