Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to watch races without cable tv?

Old 07-05-2013, 06:58 PM
MongoZ06
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default How to watch races without cable tv?

We're looking to save some money and drop our cable tv service, I however love to watch racing and am wondering how I will be able to watch the races without cable... is there anyone else who has done the same and has found a work around?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Han Solo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It ain't easy. There have been a few on over the air broadcast but not many. You can find some on Justin TV online but sometimes they close the station before it ends and the quality isn't like broadcast.

[rant]
That said I will probably never sign back up for paid television. I had DTV because of no cable in my area. I was burnt out on the pay per view commercials and elevated volume on all commercials. Shows and movies taking an hour or more time to fit the extra commercials in.Then they tried to screw me. My sat receiver died and they told me because I was such a good customer they would replace it for free if I paid shipping and handling. They failed to tell me they would increase the cost of my plan which they could not seem to undo. Then they tried to tell me the new receiver came with a new 18 month obligation to remain a customer which they also failed to disclose at the time of them telling me it was free. After 6 months of repeated phone calls and letters they continued to try and collect an extra $280 early disconnect fee from a 7 year customer. When I got a letter from their collection agent I turned them over to our States Attorney's office which failed to do their job but it was the last I heard from DTV and they did not try to report it on my credit. [/rant]

Since that time I invested about $170 in a good antenna with a good rotator. But the best investment was netflix and a new 47" 3D TV and Bluray player.

I miss my racing programming but my entertainment is ten times more enjoyable than it ever was with SAT.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:21 PM
mnmthoele
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

If you have Wi-Fi there are ways to watch some racing on the web. You need someone whom has cable or satellite with the networks you want, and then have them set up a password to watch those channels. Then you just hook your laptop or pc to your TV. My provider doesn't supply Speed2 and that is the way I watch it. It is legal, I don't know.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Lan.Jet
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://world-challengetv.com/
Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 PM
SunnydayDILYSI
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Visit your local pub for the race.

Get notified of new replies

To How to watch races without cable tv?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to watch races without cable tv?