Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Available soon - RLL-TR-80-2 Heavy Duty Race Ramps trailer ramp

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 12:07 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Available soon - RLL-TR-80-2 Heavy Duty Race Ramps trailer ramp

Reverse Logic has earned a reputation for offering custom Race Ramps service ramps for low ground clearance cars. We stock 72", 80", 87", 89" and 99" service ramps. The inclines sections of all but the 72" ramps can either be used as trailer ramps or adapted for use as a trailer ramp.

The RLL-TR-80-2 trailer ramp is Reverse Logic's first dedicated trailer ramp offering. This ramp incorporates features found in Race Ramps tow truck ramps. Tow truck ramps are extremely durable and designed to work on the rough terrain that you are likely to encounter on the unpaved shoulder of a road.

The RLL-TR-80-2 ramp will have the same profile as the incline sections of our 99" Progressive Incline Ramp with a trailer ramp adapter. However, both the top and bottom surfaces of the ramp will be reinforced increasing the capacity to 5000 pounds per pair. If you are unloading your trailered car on unpaved surfaces you should consider the RLL-TR-80-2 trailer ramps.

The useable section of the ramp is 75" long by 14" wide. The step at the end of the ramps is 5" long. The ramps are available with a 2" deep or 3" deep step. The ramps are a two piece design since the 80" length is too long to ship without significant surcharges. The two-piece ramp sections can be easily stored in your tow vehicle or even in the trailered car. At 3.5˚, the initial incline is lower than the slope on a RR-TR-5 trailer ramp, and at 6.7" high, the ramp is nearly as tall as the RR-TR-7 trailer ramp.

We expect to be shipping the RLL-TR-80-2 ramp models before the end of July and plan to have it available at the Carlisle Corvette Show in August.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...55&id=25887829
Attached Images  

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 07-29-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:40 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Our first shipment of 80" long RLL-TR-80-2 heavy duty trailer ramps arrived last Wednesday and we are already sold out! More are coming soon. This ramp is priced at $425 less our usual 10% store wide discount on orders of $200 or more. The RLL-TR-80-2 is also eligible for the Q3 2013 Race Ramps cash rebate of $25.

We have recently had several requests for a trailer ramp that can handle cars with 2" to 3" of ground clearance. Up until now we treated these requests as one-up custom ramps. We expect to be offering a two-piece 114" long ramp sometime in August. Initial incline will be less than 3 degrees and the Progressive Incline design will sweep up to almost 7 degrees at the point the ramps reaches its 9" height. The model number for this ramp will be RLL-TR-114-2. Each section of the ramp will be just under 60" long to keep the shipping cost as low as possible.

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 07-29-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:47 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default RLL-TR-114-2 Progressive Incline Race Ramps Trailer Ramps

Here's a drawing of the 114" long RLL-TR-114-2 trailer ramp. It is being used to get a race car with 2" of ground clearance into an enclosed trailer with a 16" high deck. The ramps is 14" wide and 9" high at the top end.

I will be adding this ramp to my "standard" set of custom Race Ramps. Price is $598 including shipping.

The next project is for a car that only has 1.5" ground clearance. That ramp is an edge case that I don't encounter often enough to consider making a standard product for it.
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic
Here's a drawing of the 114" long RLL-TR-114-2 trailer ramp. It is being used to get a race car with 2" of ground clearance into an enclosed trailer with a 16" high deck. The ramps is 14" wide and 9" high at the top end.

I will be adding this ramp to my "standard" set of custom Race Ramps. Price is $598 including shipping.

The next project is for a car that only has 1.5" ground clearance. That ramp is an edge case that I don't encounter often enough to consider making a standard product for it.
I am looking for this length and progressive ramp but with the 6.5" vertical dimension more like 8.5 to 9". Can the notch for the trailer gate be altered (a spacer glued in or other)?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

The depth of the notch can be altered as long as overall height of 9" stays the same. The ramp you see pictured is actually a custom depth. I am probably going to stock these with a 2" deep step.

Do you need these for an enclosed trailer, open trailer, or roll-back tow truck? If the latter, we would have to do more than alter the notch depth.

I recommend sharing the dimensions for your car and trailer so I can verify the car-to-ramp clearance over the length of the ramp.

The car with 2" of ground clearance and a 93" wheel base has about 1/2" clearance over the the length of the ramp. The clearance increase once the nose of the car is over the trailer door.

I just ordered some of the RLL-TR-114-2 ramps tonight, so if you can get me the information quickly I could add your order to the same production run.

Originally Posted by Webz
I am looking for this length and progressive ramp but with the 6.5" vertical dimension more like 8.5 to 9". Can the notch for the trailer gate be altered (a spacer glued in or other)?

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 08-02-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic
The depth of the notch can be altered as long as overall height of 9" stays the same. The ramp you see pictured is actually a custom depth. I am probably going to stock these with a 2" deep step.

Do you need these for an enclosed trailer, open trailer, or roll-back tow truck? If the latter, we would have to do more than alter the notch depth.

I recommend sharing the dimensions for your car and trailer so I can verify the car-to-ramp clearance over the length of the ramp.

The car with 2" of ground clearance and a 93" wheel base has about 1/2" clearance over the the length of the ramp. The clearance increase once the nose of the car is over the trailer door.

I just ordered some of the RLL-TR-114-2 ramps tonight, so if you can get me the information quickly I could add your order to the same production run.
Car dimensions are as pictured below:
Trailer is an open deck (as pictured below) with 5' ramps.

I currently use the 5' trailer ramps, RR-TR-8XL ramps (with a 2x4 to fill the step) and a 2 x 12 x 72" board placed 1/2 up the race ramp to load the car on without plowing the nose. With the trailer level, the end of the beavertail sits 16" off the ground. Basically adding the race ramp and 36" of the 2 x 12 = 110"

Old 08-02-2013, 04:32 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Using the numbers from the car diagram indicates that the RLL-TR-114-2 is a little too steep. But I don't think that my 114" ramp is as steep as the 2x12 on top of the RR-TR-8XL. So I suspect that 1) the overhang is not 45" in the tire path, 2) the ground clearance is more than 2", or 3) you are scraping along the 2x12.

I attached another drawing with inch-by-inch height measurements. Perhaps you can use the dimensions in this drawing to compare the ramp to your current set up.

Originally Posted by Webz
Car dimensions are as pictured below:
Trailer is an open deck (as pictured below) with 5' ramps.

I currently use the 5' trailer ramps, RR-TR-8XL ramps (with a 2x4 to fill the step) and a 2 x 12 x 72" board placed 1/2 up the race ramp to load the car on without plowing the nose. With the trailer level, the end of the beavertail sits 16" off the ground. Basically adding the race ramp and 36" of the 2 x 12 = 110"
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2013, 01:08 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default New variant of the RLL-TR-80-2 trailer ramp

Here is the latest version of the 80" Heavy Duty Trailer ramp. The specs are the same as the ramp described in the first post above, except that the ramp sections are hinged together with fabric straps rather than connected with the keyed interlock.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...55&id=25887829
Attached Images    

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 09-21-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Available soon - RLL-TR-80-2 Heavy Duty Race Ramps trailer ramp

Quick Reply: Available soon - RLL-TR-80-2 Heavy Duty Race Ramps trailer ramp