Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 solid axle and autocrossing been having a blast

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 01:27 AM
thetoy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C4 solid axle and autocrossing been having a blast

Just wanted to let you know how it's been going. Just a quick recap of my issues. 2-1/2 years ago I put a 468 stroker small block in the car putting 650 rwhp to the ground = massive breakage of rear end parts. I bought the best of everything for the rear and could not keep from breaking something every other autocross. I finally gave up trying to keep it together and decided to put a three link 35 spline 9" ford rear end in it with a watts bar system on it. In a year and a half of autocrossing the heck out of it I haven't broke anything on the car it's been great. I have even taken it to the drag strip once side strpping the clutch at 5000 Rpm's with slicks and still haven't broke anything yet. I don't know anything about suspention Setups so I have been just having fun without braking anything. The car is handling pretty good as I have been slowly changing things to make it better. My biggest issue now is trying to keep the front end on the ground during full throttle coming out of corners at 60 plus mph while autocrossing it keeps pulling one of the front tires off the ground. This weekend I just put stiffer springs on the rear to see if that helps. I'm still one of the top time cars at every event I go to. Just wanted to let people know that if you put big power in your car there are option to keep the car from breaking all the time.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:06 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Was fun watching you at our NWACC Shelton event last month!! Your car was definitely smokin' hot.

We have another event tomorrow 7/14 if you can make it up here.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:10 PM
thetoy
Racer

I want to come but have family coming in from out of town. I really want to come I have had a blast there with that big course. And I know chad is helping set up the course so I know it will be fast and fun.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:47 PM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

A well set up "stick axle" 9" rear with a three link and watts link works.
That is why most Trans Am cars use this system.

Our tube frame Vette with LS6 and 9" has been bulletproof so far.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:12 PM
John B
Pro
Pro Mechanic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Cool I had a blast with a Miniram 383 C4 autoxer . That must be fun controlling throttle. What meats are you running? 18X12?
Old 07-13-2013, 07:06 PM
thetoy
Racer

Originally Posted by John B
Cool I had a blast with a Miniram 383 C4 autoxer . That must be fun controlling throttle. What meats are you running? 18X12?
CCW 17"x12 rear 17x11-1/2" front 335's on all four corners.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 solid axle and autocrossing been having a blast

Quick Reply: C4 solid axle and autocrossing been having a blast