Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger wieght/handling??

Old 07-20-2013, 03:10 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Default supercharger wieght/handling??

I mainly just street drive my vette and want a "street warrior", but eventually would like to run a roadcourse a few times a year for fun. My question is....how much does the wieght of a s/c (centi) effect the handling of these cars? I am very aware of heat issues....but am looking for the effects on handling. car is lowered on phadt featherlights/kuhmo tires/z06 sways now and handles like its on rails. I dont want to lose alot of handling,but want more hp/tq. i am also considering a h/c pkg but dont want to lose drivabillity to get near the 500ish rwhp mark.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:03 AM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

With a centrifugal supercharger, brackets, tubing, air-to-air intercooler(s), etc., figure you will add about 80lbs to the most forward part of the balance of the car.

The car is already slightly nose-heavy, so that just makes it worse.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

But would the OP even notice it? If he doesn't do this stuff very often, he might not even notice it, so it could be win/win for him.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:39 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Any other comments?
Old 07-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Horseshow Manager
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Well I can answer that

Did the same thing with my Z06. A&A, Dewitt cut down rad to avoid having to lower the front subframe and to help with the cooling problems as I did this knowing I was going to be doing some track days along with street driving.
Measure your static front height BEFORE you start anything and write it down. But even if you adjust the front bolts to get back to your static height you have added just what has been stated previously. Not only the SC itself but also the intercooler, and if you get the Dewitt radiator (which you really need to get no matter what you do with the car) there is the weight of the additional coolant.
Bottom line, even with the ride height back the same it will not be as good as it was in the handling department. It can be made that way again but will require coil overs and corner weighting. The extra power for just driving on the street is stunning! My tuner got 615 RWHP on 91non-ethanol. Be prepared to start saving money for a clutch

PS, If you could like to visit more just PM me!

Last edited by Horseshow Manager; 07-25-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Get notified of new replies

To supercharger wieght/handling??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: supercharger wieght/handling??