Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks to MTI racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:09 AM
repman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to MTI racing

I have been having ongoing issues with the ls7 clutch in my car , after it got hot on the
track it would be very hard to shift at high rpm . I did the ranger method , installed a tick master cylinder which helped but did not fix the issue entirely.
Reese recommended I go with the Torque Clamp clutch double disc , he has used a lot of clutches over the years and he said this is the one they have no issues with .
All I can say is WOW ! This clutch is amazing makes very little noise and high rpm shifts are smooth as silk , you can shift very fast with this clutch with no issues.
On the street it is very manageable with a little bit higher effort than the ls7 clutch , it is not an off /on switch like a lot of racing clutches .if you are in need of a new or upgraded clutch I would put this on your short list.
As a side note Reese also noticed a tuning issue with my car (to lean and to much timing ) he was kind enough to fix this issue for me even though he was slammed with work to make sure I did not hurt my engine at the track this weekend . Thanks for the excellent service Reese I am a MTI customer because they always take care of me.
Larry

Quick Reply: Thanks to MTI racing