Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What brand rotor do i have? Need new rings

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Blackonblack89
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default What brand rotor do i have? Need new rings

Here's a pic of one. Came with the car when I bought it. Needs new rings now. What brand are these? Where do u get new ones? Also never had 2 piece rotors...wat would be the tq spec and is there a certain procedure or sequence. I would think u would wanna use loctite? Any input, never did this before and I track the car so I wanna know the correct way.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,924 Likes on 5,330 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackonblack89
Here's a pic of one. Came with the car when I bought it. Needs new rings now. What brand are these? Where do u get new ones? Also never had 2 piece rotors...wat would be the tq spec and is there a certain procedure or sequence. I would think u would wanna use loctite? Any input, never did this before and I track the car so I wanna know the correct way.

You can eliminate Wilwoods as they have a different way of bolting to the hat. Can't really see in the picture any reason to replace the ring. There aren't any cracks and it looks like it is much thicker than minimum rotor thickness spec (slots would be worn away if it was approaching minimum thickness).

It isn't an AFX/Coleman rotor either as they also use a different bolting mechanism. I attached a picture of my cracked Coleman rotor.

Bill
Attached Images  

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 09-07-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Blackonblack89
Advanced

Its got a nice ridge on the outside edge so I assumed its starting to getting thin. If an indication of min. thickness is the slots disappearing then ill put them back on and use them. However I would still like to see if anybody knows the brand, so I can order them when they do wear out.

Thx its money I can spend elsewhere for the car.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:41 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

uses the same # of bolt holes on the coleman it looks like get use a picture of the back side
Old 09-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Blackonblack89
Advanced

Old 09-07-2013, 07:33 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Not sure whose hats those are but those are deffinately coleman rings. If you measure them and call performance afx or hardbar or finspeed i am sure they can hook you up.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:59 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Those are DBA 5000 (Disc Brakes Australia) rotors, same as I have on my car. Rings are available from any DBA dealer and they come with new Nylock nuts.
Checkout KNS Brakes in Raleigh, NC - forum vendor - they have the best price on replacement rings I have found.
Installation requires a Tri-Y bit that can be hard to find and is expensive. Mine cost $22 plus shipping. It is like a phillips bit but with only 3 blades, nothing else will work.
Installation is easy once you figure it out. New mylock bolts are shipped with rings, one use only ! Use the tri-y bit to hold bolt and use ratchet to remove nuts. Install all new nuts on bolts finger tight and torque down in two rotations using a modified 90 degree star pattern.
I don't remember what the torque spec is right now, but it is included on instruction sheet with rigs. Torque spec is in INCH POUNDS or NEWTON METERS, you will need a small 1/4" torque wrench measuring inch pounds, your standard 1/2" ain't gonna cut it !
Old 09-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Blackonblack89
Advanced

Awesome thanks. Just wat I needed
Old 09-07-2013, 08:39 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

I agree, look like dba5000 from the hardware

Get notified of new replies

To What brand rotor do i have? Need new rings