Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scca T1 race complete

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 11:32 AM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Scca T1 race complete

Not a bad weekend for corvettes. Makes me think that Scca went too far with opening the T1 rules as the same car won GT2 and T1. Not same make but the very same car with A6 tires for both races. Not enough STO cars so let the silly season start for the rule book. I vote to return T1 to prior rule set and let STO and GT2 run together as GT2. Just drop STO and STU.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:02 PM
andy3101
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me start by saying Congrats to Andrew for winning both GT2 and T1!!!

I am really confused with the lap times. Without me being there the only info I have is the time sheets. GT2/ST is for the old STO cars but now able to run slicks instead of DOT tires... Clearly the Hoosiers A6 is a fast tire, but faster than a full slick?

Then for T1 being the "OLD STO" but SLOWED DOWN by adding weight and weight penalties for non OEM aero... 2950 for ls6 in gt2 - 3135 for ls6 in T1 and then add 75lbs for non oem front splitter and another 75lbs for non oem rear wing. Making the total 3285.

IF that's the case, not sure how you run a full second faster by adding 335lbs of weight to the same car?

T1 race lap was faster than GT2 by 1.5 seconds.. Qualify times were 4/10's from each other with GT2 leading T1 time.

The STO Viper ACR-X at last years runoffs ran I believe a 2:14-2:15... This year same driver, same car in new T1 runs 2:19 for his fast lap... Guess the viper got screwed by the rule changes...

Hopefully someone that was there can chime in and fill us in...
Old 09-21-2013, 07:21 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by andy3101
Let me start by saying Congrats to Andrew for winning both GT2 and T1!!!

I am really confused with the lap times. Without me being there the only info I have is the time sheets. GT2/ST is for the old STO cars but now able to run slicks instead of DOT tires... Clearly the Hoosiers A6 is a fast tire, but faster than a full slick?

Then for T1 being the "OLD STO" but SLOWED DOWN by adding weight and weight penalties for non OEM aero... 2950 for ls6 in gt2 - 3135 for ls6 in T1 and then add 75lbs for non oem front splitter and another 75lbs for non oem rear wing. Making the total 3285.

IF that's the case, not sure how you run a full second faster by adding 335lbs of weight to the same car?

T1 race lap was faster than GT2 by 1.5 seconds.. Qualify times were 4/10's from each other with GT2 leading T1 time.

The STO Viper ACR-X at last years runoffs ran I believe a 2:14-2:15... This year same driver, same car in new T1 runs 2:19 for his fast lap... Guess the viper got screwed by the rule changes...

Hopefully someone that was there can chime in and fill us in...

Not much time to elaborate right now, but I did not drive the same car this year. We "threw" together a car for this year's race because it was the 50th Run Offs. Not nearly a full-on effort. Plus I did no testing or development on the car...slapped a restrictor plate, Hoosiers and washed the windshield.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

GT2 race was on a partially damp track.
If your math is right, 335lbs is worth about .3sec at Road America (based on GT2 and T1 quali times).
Old 09-22-2013, 11:32 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jmurf28
Not a bad weekend for corvettes. Makes me think that Scca went too far with opening the T1 rules as the same car won GT2 and T1. Not same make but the very same car with A6 tires for both races. Not enough STO cars so let the silly season start for the rule book. I vote to return T1 to prior rule set and let STO and GT2 run together as GT2. Just drop STO and STU.
They already did drop STO. STU is a completely different power to weight class which makes sense to keep. But I agree, GT2 and T1 are too similar now. Simple solution would be no aftermarket aero for T1. Keep the cars looking stock on the outside.

Get notified of new replies

To Scca T1 race complete

Quick Reply: Scca T1 race complete