Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've got MONSTER brakes for C5, you've got a monster set of coilovers, let's trade!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 02:09 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts
Default I've got MONSTER brakes for C5, you've got a monster set of coilovers, let's trade!

I've got two sets of brakes, and I've been battling which to put on. I have a set of c6Z's and then I have a set of prototype brakes from Red Devil.

The red Devil brakes, were a set prototyped for SEMA, on a car I built. The set was nearly 9k dollars. The rotors are FULL titanium, coated in ceramic. These brakes shed over 30 lbs of unsprung weight from the C5 brakes. The brakes will likely NEVER need replaced under normal conditions. Under race conditions, the rotors can be recoated. This is essentially like having carbon/ceramic brakes like the ZR1 but using a different material for the rotor. The calipers are billet 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears. I have pads, rotors, etc. The set has essentially seen NO use. 20 miles on them at best. These brakes actually perform BETTER, the hotter they get. Red Devil is WELL known in Sprint cars, baja, etc. It's a small company, but they make some mean brakes.

I essentially am either going to install these, and sell the C6Z brakes OR...I 'd like to do a trade, because I have stock suspension on my C5Z.

So, maybe a trade of some sort? I'd love to have a set of Pfadts. Anyone with some coilovers want to do a deal?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:02 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a set of LG2s with less than 3000 mi and 8 track days on them. I bought a used set of Pfadts Gens from Carlrx7 to try instead. So I will have one or the other to sell or trade. I just got the Pfadts on and I don't have a track day until Oct 5th. You have any kind of time frame?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:20 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

The stuff is in a box ready to go...my time frame is asap or whenever. The brakes are mega pricey though...I'd need a premium set of coilovers. I'd really like a coilover/sway bar setup.

For the money, this is a great trade for anyone. These brakes are financially prohibitive for most, but are just purely race proven. Great parts for a discount if someone has some suspension to trade.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:43 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shoot me a PM with some specs. I have a set of Penske 8100's that are triple adjustable, recently rebuilt to full World Challenge specs (torington bearings included).
Old 10-07-2013, 09:50 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Pm was sent a few days ago...waiting for response. I'm interested...let me know.

Get notified of new replies

To I've got MONSTER brakes for C5, you've got a monster set of coilovers, let's trade!

Quick Reply: I've got MONSTER brakes for C5, you've got a monster set of coilovers, let's trade!