Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5:Just ordered an oil thermostat w/12x1.5

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 08:23 PM
2002rich
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5:Just ordered an oil thermostat w/12x1.5

I have been waiting for someone to offer a solution for the c5's using an external oil cooler. I can eliminate my external mocal thermostat and just use one that incorporates it in the actual adapter that mounts to the ports.

Thx Improved Racing
Old 09-30-2013, 10:33 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002rich
I have been waiting for someone to offer a solution for the c5's using an external oil cooler. I can eliminate my external mocal thermostat and just use one that incorporates it in the actual adapter that mounts to the ports. Thx Improved Racing
Wish I would have known. Got one I could have made you a great deal on
Old 09-30-2013, 11:09 PM
2002rich
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by waddisme
Wish I would have known. Got one I could have made you a great deal on
How is that possible? This is a new product! I know because I convinced them to make it. This product allows you to use your existing oil temp sensor (12x1.5m) That's why the description specifically says for "C5"
I didn't think the folks with C6 Z06's would care much because they already have an external oil cooler with OEM hard lines even though they still don't have an integrated oil thermostat.

Btw-I am already aware of the mocal ls1 integrated unit. It only works with stock oem exhaust manifolds. It is big and the exit ports are not ideal. This unit has the exit ports facing upwards. Much better packaging design with the Improved Racing version. Anyone who has issues trying to maintain oil temps on the freeway will appreciate this product. It also reduces the extra plumbing.

Last edited by 2002rich; 09-30-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:43 PM
2002rich
Burning Brakes

Maybe I didn't clearly describe the product.

New! Oil Cooler Thermostat for C5 Corvette
Improved Racing's popular low-profile oil cooler thermostat is now available for the C5 Corvette.
This version features a M12x1.5mm sensor port for the factory C5 Corvette oil temperature sensor.
180 degree integrated thermostat
Unit bolts directly to the side port of the oil pan.

Hope that helps
Thx
Old 10-01-2013, 09:01 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I got it now. I got the in-line thermostat but didn't want to plumb in 4 more connections (4 more possible leaks), so I never installed it. This piece eliminates that. Will probably upgrade mine next time I am up in there. It is not the easiest part to change out with headers installed.

Get notified of new replies

To C5:Just ordered an oil thermostat w/12x1.5

Quick Reply: C5:Just ordered an oil thermostat w/12x1.5