Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of F1 questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:35 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Default Couple of F1 questions

Watching Korea, 2nd SC/Fire truck I paused it.

What a race.

Q1 does Pirelli heat cycle the tires like some guys do with a6's etc?

Q2 What did Vettel say after Sinapore on the podium, I know at least one swear that was beeped, but what was the subject? Was it about the booing?

Webber can't catch a break 10 spot penalty & he gets speared & the car burns up, I wonder if he can't wait for this season to be done.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Q2...all the winning and watching the vettel parade is growing tiring to the fans. Somewhere along the line this year some started booing at the podium. Caught quite off guard and surprised vettel commented on the booing and that started people booing at every race he wins. So for about the last 3 races the booing has become a game of the fans. Vettel does not like it and feels offended. He thinks people should worship his greatness and is starting to develop an attitude. In singapore his statements were sort of blown out of proportion as people look for any ***** in the redbull armor. When asked on podium about all the winning he basically said RBR is working their tails off providing winning car. Others took that to imply Vettel as meaning the rest are being lazy and not doing what it takes to be even remotely competitive after he smashed the first loser by 30 seconds. People just want to justify the booing.

I'm a Ferrari fan. Last season was the best I have seen in years with something like 6 different winners in the first 6 races. This year is getting extremely tiresome watching the vettel parade. Hopefully the new 2014 formula will tighten up the battles. I don't mind vettel winning in 2014 but I don't want to watch a F1 season of the battle for 2nd while vettel is off doing his own personal time-trial. That is just boring.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by froggy47
Q1 does Pirelli heat cycle the tires like some guys do with a6's etc?
Unlikely. They produce an awful lot of tires to make that something to do to every set. Besides, the teams like getting the raw items so they can do their own analysis of the things (remember all the "running them backwards" stuff?)

Q2 What did Vettel say after Sinapore on the podium, I know at least one swear that was beeped, but what was the subject? Was it about the booing?
The word that was beeped was "*****" ()

Here's what he said (from the transcript of the post-race podium interviews):
Q: Sebastian, it’s looking pretty good isn’t it? But it’s always this man [Alonso] who seems to be chasing you, up here on the podium with you.

SV: Yeah, it’s incredible but to be honest with you I’m not really looking at the championship too much. Obviously we’re in a very good position, very strong position but I’m enjoying the moment. Days like today, like yesterday when you can feel the tension. I’m enjoying the moment. I love racing and the car’s fantastic and it doesn’t happen, as I said, by accident. Whilst there’s a lot of people hanging their ***** in the pool very early on Fridays, we’re still here working very hard and pushing very hard so that we have a strong race. Days like this it’s just a pleasure to be in the car. The guys are completely committed, fully behind us, so it’s great.
Rosberg and Button took particular exception to those comments.

The booing started after the bit in Maylasia when he ignored team orders to pass Webber and take the win. That was bad enough but then this followed:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/0...g-webber-back/

As David Hobbs said on the pre-race show, he's beginning to believe his own PR and it's showing. If/when the day comes that he gets a solid run of bad luck a good percentage of the public will tune in just to enjoy THAT bit (myself included.) If we're going to have to suffer another several years of Schumacher-like domination I'll do Sunday drives in my Z06 instead of watching Bernie's circus.

Webber can't catch a break 10 spot penalty & he gets speared & the car burns up, I wonder if he can't wait for this season to be done.
He's pretty much said as much - that his motivation for F1 is pretty much gone (gee, I wonder why?)

Z//
Old 10-07-2013, 12:16 PM
autocross_mitchell
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crap, I am so dumb. I just went into this thread and haven't watched singapore or Korea yet. I always spoil it for myself

Get notified of new replies

To Couple of F1 questions

Quick Reply: Couple of F1 questions