Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau Forza or A4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:22 PM
VeryUnoriginal
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corbeau Forza or A4?

I'm looking for new seats in my '93, and I want something that will hold me in really well but will also be comfortable enough to take on a day trip to the mountains. Will the Corbeau Forza or A4 be a good choice or are there better out there?
Old 10-18-2013, 01:50 AM
VeryUnoriginal
Drifting

Bump?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:17 AM
derekdj87
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you didn't mention the fx1, but I rock my fx1-pro on 3 hour trips a lot. While it is definitely not as comfortable as my stock seat but I leave it in all Auto-x season.

-Derek
Old 10-18-2013, 07:47 AM
holderl
Intermediate

I HAVE A4 SEATS IN MY 95 COUPE,I think they are comfortable and work well with my 6 point belts. They are not as comfortable the factory sport seat and you loose all of the
adjustability of the factory power seats but on the track they are great and you will love
being held in place and not sliding around.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:19 AM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

I've had Forzas in my C3 for about ten years. They're a decent seat for a very reasonable price, and they will hold you in place. But, they are a fixed back design so I can't imagine that they'd be the most comfortable on an extended trip. I can't comment on the A4's as I don't have any experience.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you sat in one? I know I sat in a Forza Sport and some OMPs, that by their guidelines I should have fit in, but they weren't comfortable for me. I wasn't happy with how they fit on my body, tight in fond spots loose in others. Biggest thing I can recommend is to sit in whatever seat you think you want before you buy it.

Last edited by Bad Karma; 10-18-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:09 PM
VeryUnoriginal
Drifting

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm 5'10 and 130lbs. I'm pretty small, so I don't really worry about me not fitting. As for trying before I buy, where would I go that sold the seats so that I could try them out?
Old 10-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You could run into seats being too big for you. It's tough to find. Wonder the paddock at an event and ask guys if theymibd you having a seat in theirs. Otherwise it's trying to find race shops that sell them and calling/emailing to see if they have display models.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:44 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RECARO aaaaaall the way. Why not have something FIA approved? I drive on 4 hour highway trips frequently. I road race as well and and love it for anything. Mine is Profi SPG. I'm gonna slap a Pole Position in then passenger because its more suitable for whoever sits there, being a little wider and having smaller bolsters.
I would also look into Sparco before the brand you mentioned. There was a guy on here trying to sell a nice one forever. Look in the classifieds under "autocross and road racing."

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau Forza or A4?

Quick Reply: Corbeau Forza or A4?