Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autocross Videos. CSCC event. 10/5-6/2013.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:18 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Autocross Videos. CSCC event. 10/5-6/2013.

Taking the car out on street tires was entertaining at first, but now it's getting old. I'm trying to save money running street tires for some practice events. Not sure how long I can hold out.

Sunday I was back in the SS Corvette. 1st. in class.

Steve A.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:30 PM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

smooth as butter.
gratz on the SS win, as usual.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:44 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Thanks. Race tires going on for PCA. Are you going?
Old 10-11-2013, 02:17 AM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew you couldn't continue to run on those show car street tires too long.

One of these days I gotta try the PCA setups, I'll be content to watch your videos of them til then. I'll see you at the regular 11/02 practice.

Will be interesting to see how you place at PCA in a stock car with an actual interior vs. beating them all in your previous race car. Looking forward to your next videos.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:30 AM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Very nice Steve....smooth and in control! BTW....thanks again for the instruction...very helpful!

I'll have to get the low down on the PCA events next time I see you out there. I just had a change in plans for work, so I'm hoping to be able to make the next SCCA event....I'll see you guys out there!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:15 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You should be doggone proud of yourself!

I've wanted to try auto-X some day. The one thing I cannot understand is, How do you know where the boundaries of the "track" are?? Would it kill someone to run a pair of chalk lines through the circuit and then put the cones up? Or is it obvious if you're actually on the track?

Old 10-16-2013, 05:33 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
Very nice Steve....smooth and in control! BTW....thanks again for the instruction...very helpful!

I'll have to get the low down on the PCA events next time I see you out there. I just had a change in plans for work, so I'm hoping to be able to make the next SCCA event....I'll see you guys out there!
Thanks.
You sign up on Motorsport Reg. for PCA. They specify a date when to sign up. You have to try that day, or you probably won't get in.

Originally Posted by s'noJob
You should be doggone proud of yourself!

I've wanted to try auto-X some day. The one thing I cannot understand is, How do you know where the boundaries of the "track" are?? Would it kill someone to run a pair of chalk lines through the circuit and then put the cones up? Or is it obvious if you're actually on the track?

Sometimes they do outline the track with chalk. There is no boundary between elements. You could drive out of a corner and go 30ft. out of the way, but as long as you get back before the next element you're okay. I walk the track usually 3 times before I had out. Since you have so limited laps, you don't want to waste any of them trying to figure out where to go.

Steve A.

Get notified of new replies

To Autocross Videos. CSCC event. 10/5-6/2013.

Quick Reply: Autocross Videos. CSCC event. 10/5-6/2013.