Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[C6] Dorman Speed Bleeders pt number 12706

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:55 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Default [C6] Dorman Speed Bleeders pt number 12706

Hello all,
I'm preparing for my first track day and need to get rid of the factory fill brake fluid and was wondering if anyone had any experience with Dorman part number 12706 that you can get from part stores like OReilly and Autozone; supposedly they fit as they are m10 x 33MM

Unfortunately I don't have time to order a motive bleeder or anything like that before my track do so I was wondering what you guys that don't have a helper do to get your brakes flushed by yourself; just a hose in a bottle with some brake fluid at the bottom?

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

i love speed bleeders. Dorman is right down the street from where I live :P

Did you look at the brake bleed section:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...e-learned.html

A simple catch bottle with a wire hook to hang it works great. I suggest you have 2 bottles when you are in a rush at a track event.

Jack the car, pull both front wheels. hang two bottles. grab the 10mm and just lightly crack the speed bleeders. LIGHTLY CRACK it open, and then pump away! TIghten and then hit the second one. MAKE SURE you keep an eye on your reservoir when doing this method. ONE time you let air into the master and your a gonner.

Most events you only need to bleed all four befre the weekend at HPDE. During the weekend the fronts need rebleeding at least once or twice in the weekend if you are using a race pad that generates big heat.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:38 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

I did not look at that sticky; what a ton of good info.

This is my first trackday and it's 2 20 minute sessions so I'm just prepping the car this weekend and I think I'll be alright. I'll see if I can track down a set of the dorman bleeders to make it easier on myself. Thank you very much.

Get notified of new replies

To [C6] Dorman Speed Bleeders pt number 12706

Quick Reply: [C6] Dorman Speed Bleeders pt number 12706