Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Experience on Track with G2 Spec Bilstien Non-Adjustable Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 11:27 PM
dsddcd
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Any Experience on Track with G2 Spec Bilstien Non-Adjustable Coilovers?

I take my C6 Z06 to the track a few times a year for a total of maybe 500 miles on street tires. Both my wife and I race so I always take (2) cars so I can get as much on track time as possible. After a few years I have decided to that the car could benefit with a set of coil overs. I have a track car so I really won't be messing with the Z and was thinking that a set of the LG spec G2 Bilstein non-adjustable coil overs may be the ticket.

Years ago I have a terrible experience with a C5 Z51 and C5 Z06 and swore that I would never buy an LG product. However times change and they appear to have a quality product that is better suited with how I use the car.

I would be interested to hear if anyone had any track experience with these.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:17 PM
C5ZEE06
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I purchased my C5 with set of G2s already installed by the seller. I'm very happy with them, and dont lament the fact that they are not adjustable (theyre almost idiot proof). Good on track and still comfy on the street. Whats not to like about a set of Bilstein sport shocks and Hypercoil coils...some of the best brands / proven products out there.

Last edited by C5ZEE06; 10-28-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:31 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Love it!

From my post here.

LG G2 coilovers (non adjustable) and Mono Ball control arm kit. Makes the car extremely predictable and it is DIALED IN! Show up and drive and all the adjustment time can be spent tuning the ***** between the ears. I started racing with a new-to-me track car and had far too much to mess with and get reliable. Lou and Anthony set me up and it has been great working on consistency and race craft versus a hundred other concerns with the suspension. The car is now a consistent front runner in ST2 and, while undergunned in ST1, still does well, and I have a lot yet to learn.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:42 PM
dsddcd
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank You!

Get notified of new replies

To Any Experience on Track with G2 Spec Bilstien Non-Adjustable Coilovers?

Quick Reply: Any Experience on Track with G2 Spec Bilstien Non-Adjustable Coilovers?