Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on installing hardbar delrin spring adjusters

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:45 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Advice on installing hardbar delrin spring adjusters

I have had a set of these sitting around and am ready to install them but would like to find out how other have gone about this. Do I just undo the upper ball joint, or is the shock going to need to be disconnected on the lower mount in order to get the adjuster in?

Also will measuring the length on the stock adjuster/pads (and using the lengths on the new parts) be good enough to avoid an alignment change (Im not sure if the soft nature of the oem rubber pads has much effect on the ride height)?

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2013, 02:13 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by el es tu
I have had a set of these sitting around and am ready to install them but would like to find out how other have gone about this. Do I just undo the upper ball joint, or is the shock going to need to be disconnected on the lower mount in order to get the adjuster in?

Also will measuring the length on the stock adjuster/pads (and using the lengths on the new parts) be good enough to avoid an alignment change (Im not sure if the soft nature of the oem rubber pads has much effect on the ride height)?

Thanks!

The HB catalog picture shows that the pad separates from the bolt (unlike the t1 adjusters I have).

If that is the case, and if you are willing to destroy the originals, all you really need to do is (carefully) jack up the car on the end of the spring (I use small 2x4 block to pad it).

This will lift the original adjuster pad off the LCA.

Cut off the original adjuster threaded bolt close to the spring.

Screw the rest out of the spring hardware, taking it out between the bottom of the spring and top of the LCA.

Install the HB bolt from the top and pad from the bottom.

I might put a little blue loctite there, but check with HB.

I would measure old & new & set the same.

I would probably also ck ride height measurements before & after.

IMO alignment should not change.

Post how it goes.

Or you can take the corner apart as far as you need to screw out the old one, but the spring will droop down following the lca for a while until it fully relaxes.

Post how it goes, take a pic, good for reference. For the forum members.

Make sure the area where the pad moves is clean & has no rough spots, some polish it. My t1 adjusters had some squeak to them as they moved, the oem move a lot LESS so no noise, they flex rather than move. I put some lube there & they quieted down.

Last edited by froggy47; 11-13-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:15 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the advice. Im on the fence about destroying the originals as they are hard to come by, but if it will save me time, I might go that route.

If the weather this weekend isnt too bad Ill try to do at least 1 axle and post some pictures for reference.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Advice on installing hardbar delrin spring adjusters

Quick Reply: Advice on installing hardbar delrin spring adjusters