Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 Z06 Track prep

Old 11-14-2013, 11:26 AM
VOoDOoGTX
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Z06 Track prep

I've found that the best people to talk to about advice are the people who are currently racing these cars. I jut traded my G8 for a Z06 because i wanted something i could use on the track! Cars great, brought it to the NY safty track and found the struts were blown. Put in some bilstien struts and brought it up to watkins glen. Car was great, i really had a blast.

Anyways, im stripping it and prepping it for T2 class and wanted to get input from you guys on problems you've found or stuff that should be added to prolong the life of the car.

So far ive put a cage in it, Engine oil cooler, Kirky 45 seat, fire suppression.

Is there anything else you would recommend i do for the car before next season? I have the trans out of the car right now fixing a host of drive train issues. Thanks guys!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:45 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

A diff/trans cooler setup would be a good idea. And a turn One power steering pump with Joe Gibbs fluid. Have fun in T2, I wish I didn't sell mine this year.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:01 PM
2MCHPWR
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

SCCA t2?
which bilsteins did you get? which springs?
poly bushings or sphericals would be a huge improvement over stock rubber bushings.
what brakes do you run? my friend might have AP T1 fronts and wilwood rears for sale.
stop over and check out my car for some ideas
Old 11-14-2013, 12:30 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Advanced

Stock springs right now. I assume that will all change when I order the T1 suspension from GM.
Any preferred poly bushings or venders?
I used Carbo tech 12 all around on stock calipers. I was reading the Scca rules and it said I was only able to change compound not the calipers.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:26 PM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
Any preferred poly bushings or venders?
VBP have worked well for me.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:22 AM
VOoDOoGTX
Advanced

A friend of mine that works for a motorsports company in new jersey said he had a few C5s come in that had dropped there valves and completely destroyed the motor. Has anyone heard of that?
Old 11-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
A friend of mine that works for a motorsports company in new jersey said he had a few C5s come in that had dropped there valves and completely destroyed the motor. Has anyone heard of that?
He may be talking about the valve spring issue. There's plenty of reading on the forum discussing it. Here's a good place to start: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z...-failures.html

Get notified of new replies

To 02 Z06 Track prep

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 Z06 Track prep