Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Ever Program a New BCM?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 11:51 AM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Anyone Ever Program a New BCM?

I've got a 2007 C6 Z06 with a bad BCM. Installed one I had in my garage which had the correct part number, had it programmed at the dealer and everything was fine except for Service Active Handling and Service Ride Control messages. The dealer suggested a brand new BCM and another round of programming. I installed a new BCM and get Shift to Park along with the Service Ride Control messages and others. It also won't allow me to put the car in competition mode.

My question is when I go to get this new BCM programmed is there anything specifically I should request? Does the programming use the year, the VIN or specific option codes. I just want to be as knowledgeable as possible when I go back to the dealer and make sure it gets programmed correctly this time. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike.

I believe you give the vin number and it should come pre programmed for your car and ready to plug right in.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:31 AM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

We have to use our Tech 2 to reconfigure the options that are on the vehicle ( the setup of BCM is an option on the Tech 2) As long as they configure the BCM properly (with the Tech 2) you should be good to go.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:23 AM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Screamin Z
Mike.

I believe you give the vin number and it should come pre programmed for your car and ready to plug right in.
Hey Riley. The dealer told me it has to be programmed at the dealer. Does that not sound right?
Old 11-18-2013, 07:25 AM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BERETTA
We have to use our Tech 2 to reconfigure the options that are on the vehicle ( the setup of BCM is an option on the Tech 2) As long as they configure the BCM properly (with the Tech 2) you should be good to go.
So do all the option codes listed in the glove box need to be input during the programming and do you know specifically which one eliminates the ride control message? Thanks!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:58 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

[QUOTE=mcar00;1585456703]So do all the option codes listed in the glove box need to be input during the programming and do you know specifically which one eliminates the ride control message? Thanks![/

When the technician programs the BCM, there will be questions asked as to which option codes are on your car and he will select the options from a drop down menu on the PC about the options that are on your car. As long as he selects the options that are on your car at this time, everything should work properly.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:24 AM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

OK got it. Thanks for the reply!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

I had to have mine programed too...it's a fairly generic part for all Corvettes and the XLR, I think the most important thing is that it knows the weight of your vehicle.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:16 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to do this for my 06 Z. You have to buy a fresh BCM and the dealer has to program it with the Tech2 for a number of reasons. One, so the options on your car will actually work. They have to flash in the VIN number as that's a one time only write option. If the VIN isn't correct on the BCM, you can have issues with the theft system and the radio/NAV as they are VIN tagged as well. You can also have SRS error codes...a whole litany of things will pop up.

Once I had the dealer flash the new BCM, I have been good to go and that was 4 years ago.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:19 PM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Thanks for all the responses. I installed a new BCM, had it programmed at the dealer and everything seems to be working normally again.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Ever Program a New BCM?

Quick Reply: Anyone Ever Program a New BCM?