Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotor Options for C6z06 Brembo GT Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Searya
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotor Options for C6z06 Brembo GT Brakes

I have a C6Z06 with the 6 piston front and 4 piston rear Brembo GT Brakes.

I am needing new rotors and am wondering if I have to stick with the 2 piece Brembos or if their are other cheaper options (even including single piece rotors) that would work with the calipers

If anyone can help I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

Sean
Old 01-05-2014, 08:25 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

Maybe RBs are OK for street use??? NOT IN MY OPINION!! But if you are tracking the car? don't even think of using them. Check many threads on this forum about RB!!! Check to see if AFX rotors will work with them? Call Bob at AFX and he can tell you if his will work. IF RB was a GOOD???? half price replacement, don't you think that a lot of guys would be running them??? Save your money!!! The high price of replacement parts is one of the down sides to running Brembo's but the the brakes systems are top of the line. If you are going to put on top of the line BBKs why run Chinese low line rotors. You get what you pay for. Just my .02 JD
Old 01-06-2014, 12:11 AM
mesospeedy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coleman Racing can make rings for them, probably cheaper than the Brembos. If I'm not mistaken they make the AFX rotors, but I'm not sure as I don't have them. I do know that they can copy any design you sens them.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:57 AM
giantkeeper
Instructor

^^I have also been referred to Coleman for wilwood replacements. I understand they have "heavy duty" rotors that seem to hold up to track abuse.

No personal experience with them yet, though.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:58 AM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm running 14" Coleman rings with our AP setup. Holding up very well!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:11 AM
TorontoC6
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried Racing Brake front rotors but cracked one on the second day. I went back to Brembo rotor rings. Have not had any problems with the Brembo's and they last for a good number of track days.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:21 AM
KNSBrakes
Supporting Vendor

Received 360 Likes on 283 Posts

Brembo is certainly proud of their rotors.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I went the other direction. Upgrade to the 350x34mm type 3 J-hook rotors. Pads are much cheaper and last a lot longer (much better heat dissipation). You'll need new hats and caliper brackets as well but thought this was a huge step forward over the 355mm setup I was running.

I haven't been through a set of rotors yet so I can't tell you how long they last although I am looking to buy a spare set now.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:50 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Stoptech makes replacement rotors, check out Zeckhausen Racing.
Stoptech kind of copied Brembo so there rotors are mostly interchangeable, however I do think the Brembo rotors will last you longer. Are they worth the difference in price? YMMV
Old 01-12-2014, 07:07 PM
0SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Vendor

Location: Reno/McCarran, NV - Bay Area, CA - NW Burbs of Chicago, IL

What size rotors are they?
We've had many guys successfully running Stoptech aerorotor rings on their brembo kits. The Metallurgy and design of the stoptech rings are much better than the price would lead you to believe. From what Ive seen at the track over the past 3 years the Stoptech rings last just as long before cracking as the brembo rings. Many people initially make the switch because the ST aerorotor rings are roughly half the price of the brembo rings (depending on size), but never feel the need to switch to anything else because of how well they hold up to track abuse.

-Matt M.

Get notified of new replies

To Rotor Options for C6z06 Brembo GT Brakes

Quick Reply: Rotor Options for C6z06 Brembo GT Brakes