Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Trackmaster Problem

Old 01-11-2014, 12:50 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

Default My Trackmaster Problem

Hoping you guys may have encountered this. I've emailed Jeff 3 times and still no answer, what a POS. My data has synced, but my video will not. The videos are in the directory defined by me, but the catch is that I didn't establish my mytrackmaster account until a couple months after I recorded data. Having the video upload would make my life easier IMO in learning how to utilize data, but I can't even force it to manually upload. I've stored the video on my phone's micro SD card and moved the directory to that before syncing, but it's still not showing up. This is on an Android phone. Anyone?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:57 AM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Never had any luck getting a manual account synch.

Gave up on the phone video and use a Go Pro with data from Trackmaster via Qstars antenna.

May have to import files to something like Racerender separately then synch them.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:27 AM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

I could never get the trackmasters video to work for more than 1 lap. It doesn't work well catching the split markers either so my laps aren't timing right. I'm just going to get the aim or infrared timer.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hungryhippo
I could never get the trackmasters video to work for more than 1 lap. It doesn't work well catching the split markers either so my laps aren't timing right. I'm just going to get the aim or infrared timer.
If you are interested in a great lap timer check out the RaceChrono system I am selling. It is a great system and the only reason I am selling it is because my new race car has a data system built I to it.

Here is the link... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...on-system.html

Charley
Old 01-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by blkbrd69

Gave up on the phone video and use a Go Pro with data from Trackmaster via Qstars antenna.

May have to import files to something like Racerender separately then synch them.
Same here. I had terrible results with syncing to the website even with just data.
I'm switching to Harry's this season. His full version for Android should be out in March.

Sent from my MotoX using IB AutoGroup
Old 01-11-2014, 11:20 AM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I could never get the trackmasters video to work for more than 1 lap. It doesn't work well catching the split markers either so my laps aren't timing right.
Never had any luck with the video.

For splits make sure your markers are directly on your driving line, blow the image up and precisely place it, or use goggle maps to build it up.

Will also need an external blue-tooth antenna as most phone GPS antennas are not precise enough to catch the markers, if it looks like your line goes 6 feet off the track the markers wont be caught properly.

A full data acquisition system is much better but I am still using my Trackmaster.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Setting the markers on the driving line is critical. When I first purchased TM it worked pretty well but then it started missing the start/finish line at the Glen and I would get laps that were actually 2 or 3 laps long. If I was passing another car or driving off line as I went by S/F the system would trigger. Jeff resolved that by moving the marker toward the track center but then the system wouldn't trigger when I drove down pit lane. Lately, I can't get it to work at all. Between my phone and the TM app I am not sure where the problem lies. I constantly lose the connection to my Bluetooth connected external GPS receiver, the AP decides to reset itself or the phone takes a dump. Got tired of playing around trying to get it to work.

Never did figure out how to use the data synch to post lap times and videos to the web page although it would post times to facebook. I didn't know it was doing that until a friend in Hawaii sent me an email about the lap times at the Glen. I quickly turned that feature off since I didn't want to be one of those people who transmit SPAM to their friends 5 or 6 times per day.

Bill
Old 01-26-2014, 01:01 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

I've been thinking about adding Racerender to the mix.

This is just a setting in the options, same thing happened to me. I think it's for auto-x.

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
If you are interested in a great lap timer check out the RaceChrono system I am selling. It is a great system and the only reason I am selling it is because my new race car has a data system built I to it.

Here is the link... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...on-system.html

Charley
I would be if I weren't up against buying a HANS, brakes, and tires for the upcoming year.

Originally Posted by Scooter70
Same here. I had terrible results with syncing to the website even with just data.
I'm switching to Harry's this season. His full version for Android should be out in March.

Definitely going to keep my radar on for this.

Never had any luck with the video.

For splits make sure your markers are directly on your driving line, blow the image up and precisely place it, or use goggle maps to build it up.

Will also need an external blue-tooth antenna as most phone GPS antennas are not precise enough to catch the markers, if it looks like your line goes 6 feet off the track the markers wont be caught properly.

A full data acquisition system is much better but I am still using my Trackmaster.
Yeah, my lines go off the track regularly, but the times are still dead consistent. I was within .1 seconds of the transponder with the Android's internal GPS.

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Setting the markers on the driving line is critical. When I first purchased TM it worked pretty well but then it started missing the start/finish line at the Glen and I would get laps that were actually 2 or 3 laps long. If I was passing another car or driving off line as I went by S/F the system would trigger. Jeff resolved that by moving the marker toward the track center but then the system wouldn't trigger when I drove down pit lane. Lately, I can't get it to work at all. Between my phone and the TM app I am not sure where the problem lies. I constantly lose the connection to my Bluetooth connected external GPS receiver, the AP decides to reset itself or the phone takes a dump. Got tired of playing around trying to get it to work.

Never did figure out how to use the data synch to post lap times and videos to the web page although it would post times to facebook. I didn't know it was doing that until a friend in Hawaii sent me an email about the lap times at the Glen. I quickly turned that feature off since I didn't want to be one of those people who transmit SPAM to their friends 5 or 6 times per day.

Bill
Easy answer here, I'm a Facebook conscientious objector. Bill, what did you end up going with for data? Harry's lap timer? I was going to download it last year until I saw how crude the initial release was for Android.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:44 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Harry's is coming to Android? That's awesome! I have had zero luck with getting trackmaster to work at all.

Like to use it for my students.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:55 AM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For your existing videos I 2nd the notion of moving the vids and data files to a PC and put them together with racerender. That's what I've done from the beginning. Never toyed with camera video so I can't help there.
In the spring I am moving to qstarz GPS, a Bluetooth obdii reader, and racechrono for android. Trackmaster doesn't do obdii.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

So Racerender will piece together all my previously recorded data? I was thinking I needed to have Racerender before recording data for it to work.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:39 AM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes it will. You move the video file and the data file from the same session to your PC and merge them there. Racerender is installed on your PC not your phone. On your phone, you have to export the session data to a file. It will create a csv file I think. Go to Sessions - video data.

Last edited by RDnomorecobra; 01-27-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:18 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter70

I have motox and want to try Harry's, is there a "basic" ver. that is out now (for motox)?

Old 01-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

The basic was released last year, if by motox you mean motorola/droid?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...arrys.laptimer

I haven't tried it yet. No video in this version. It's just the Rookie version.

http://www.gps-laptimer.de/LapTimer_Products.html
Old 01-28-2014, 04:47 PM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RDnomorecobra
For your existing videos I 2nd the notion of moving the vids and data files to a PC and put them together with racerender. That's what I've done from the beginning. Never toyed with camera video so I can't help there.
In the spring I am moving to qstarz GPS, a Bluetooth obdii reader, and racechrono for android. Trackmaster doesn't do obdii.
RaceChrono is great for the track. Still some limitations for AutoX/RallyX but great and you can do analysis on the spot without having to download anything a laptop.
See my recent experience with it at a RallyX: http://frogracing.us/technology/telemetry

For video integration, DashWare might even be better than RaceRender as it provides some data analysis too.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:38 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Well damn, more research for me!

Get notified of new replies

To My Trackmaster Problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Trackmaster Problem