Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Smörgåsbord of new AP Racing Big Brake Kits now launching...for C5, C6, and C7!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 05:14 PM
JRLedFoot
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff,
Thanks much for the response, Great info.very helpful!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:47 AM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin Z
Jeff,

The brakes held up great at the glen over the weekend! I beat the snot out of them and they kept comming back for more! Great products!
Sweet! That track is hell on brakes...and your car is rather...ummm...ridiculously fast! I'm glad they got it done for you! Out of curiosity, what speeds were you hitting at the bus stop!?!?
Old 08-07-2014, 04:15 PM
jwebsta32
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too am interested, as I will be there in about 4 weeks!!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well if I didn't have a Porsche in my way. I could reach 165. Could go faster through the esses if I had aero.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:09 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Well if I didn't have a Porsche in my way. I could reach 165. Could go faster through the esses if I had aero.
get some aero then what ya wanna be slow j.k
Old 08-08-2014, 08:19 AM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

165 at the Glen is haulin!

Let me know what you need guys. We now have a ton of options for both the front and rear of the C5/C6/C7. Whatever you guys are doing with your cars we have you covered!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,074 Likes on 644 Posts

I watched your video from VIR and it looks like you're driving the wheels off that thing. So fun to watch!!

Any lap times for the Glen at all or video? 165 is crazy fast up there in a C6Z. Way, way faster than I am going!! lol!!

My wife just loves her new Essex AP Competition F & R brake kit as well. Just a fabulous system!!
Old 08-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Here is a video

No lap times. As you can see in the video. Way too many Porsches on track to get a clean lap.

Last edited by Screamin Z; 08-12-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:39 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

awesome damn i would love to do a mosport and the glen trip sometime!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:57 AM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Great vid Screamin Z! Some of the other cars look like they're on a cool-down lap.

A couple more great reviews of our Competition BBK’s! The first one includes some feedback on our new Rear Sprint Kit.

Veteran racer wins a dozen events in one year with our C5 Sprint Kit

Our Endurance Brake Kit transforms a C6 Z06 owner’s experience at Watkins Glen

Old 08-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Here is a video

No lap times. As you can see in the video. Way too many Porsches on track to get a clean lap.
Great riding with you. I sure miss the Glen. I have run Sebring and VIR is my home track now but they just can't match the Glen for high speed sweeping corners.

How many times have you been back to the Glen since we met there three years ago at the BMW event? Don't know if you heard or not but Kirk the guy in the black Z you were running with then sold his car and purchased a BMW race car and is into Club racing now. He scattered the engine in his Z at the entrance of T10 and he and 6 other cars who hit the patch of oil spun off into the run off area just to the right and a little behind where that Porsche was sitting.

It is hard to say for sure but it looks like at the end of the video one of the P car drivers committed one of two cardinal errors. Either trying to pinch his car in too tight exiting the turn or going to wide and trying to pull his car off the rumble strips on the right. Both errors result in a sudden high speed crossing of the track and impacting the guard rail on the left. A lot of people complain about no run off room but when a car does that it doesn't matter whether there is a guard rail or not as it is going to impact something at a high speed since there are trees about 30 ft past the guardrail.

Bill
Old 08-27-2014, 10:53 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Great riding with you. I sure miss the Glen. I have run Sebring and VIR is my home track now but they just can't match the Glen for high speed sweeping corners.

How many times have you been back to the Glen since we met there three years ago at the BMW event? Don't know if you heard or not but Kirk the guy in the black Z you were running with then sold his car and purchased a BMW race car and is into Club racing now. He scattered the engine in his Z at the entrance of T10 and he and 6 other cars who hit the patch of oil spun off into the run off area just to the right and a little behind where that Porsche was sitting.

It is hard to say for sure but it looks like at the end of the video one of the P car drivers committed one of two cardinal errors. Either trying to pinch his car in too tight exiting the turn or going to wide and trying to pull his car off the rumble strips on the right. Both errors result in a sudden high speed crossing of the track and impacting the guard rail on the left. A lot of people complain about no run off room but when a car does that it doesn't matter whether there is a guard rail or not as it is going to impact something at a high speed since there are trees about 30 ft past the guardrail.

Bill
Bill, This was actually the only other time we have partaken at the glen. It is my favorite track! There was a staggering 50+ cars in my run group. Over 200 cars in the pits
Old 10-27-2014, 03:38 PM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Hi guys...another great customer end-of-season race review of our Endurance AP Racing BBK's.

Looking back...My front brakes were the strongest part of the car. -

Old 10-27-2014, 10:31 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Road America. One of the best places to test brake systems.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is a video

Great drive! Smooth. I think you passed everyone, and lapped a few.

Nice work. Thanks for posting.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:07 PM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

One lap at the Glen with the AP monster kit on mixed Pirelli and Conti slicks (hey, end of the year I was low on tires).

The AP's are awesome, hope to get the rears on next year. Jeff has been a pleasure to work with.

Screaming Z...come to a Trackmasters event, at least our Porche's are fast or know how to get out of the way...I am trying to run down a fast one.

Bill, there is supposed to be a Blue C6Z in front of me, any idea where it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znWbAaDhKSM[/
Old 10-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,074 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by kmagvette
One lap at the Glen with the AP monster kit on mixed Pirelli and Conti slicks (hey, end of the year I was low on tires).

The AP's are awesome, hope to get the rears on next year. Jeff has been a pleasure to work with.

Screaming Z...come to a Trackmasters event, at least our Porche's are fast or know how to get out of the way...I am trying to run down a fast one.

Bill, there is supposed to be a Blue C6Z in front of me, any idea where it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znWbAaDhKSM[/
Decent lap. Too bad the Mini was in the way. Thanks for posting!

Get notified of new replies

To A Smörgåsbord of new AP Racing Big Brake Kits now launching...for C5, C6, and C7!

Old 11-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Can you share some info with us on the new Pro 5000R calipers and their possible use on our Vette's??? Ran across some info on them in Race Car Engineering and it looks like you guys have an awesome product that will be a good fit for the more performance oriented track user that is not interested in springing for the full race $20K+ pro level brake systems!
Old 11-08-2014, 04:23 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Werks
Can you share some info with us on the new Pro 5000R calipers and their possible use on our Vette's??? Ran across some info on them in Race Car Engineering and it looks like you guys have an awesome product that will be a good fit for the more performance oriented track user that is not interested in springing for the full race $20K+ pro level brake systems!
If your a fan of theirs on facebook they posted quite a few pictures of them at SEMA, but no real details yet.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:09 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
If your a fan of theirs on facebook they posted quite a few pictures of them at SEMA, but no real details yet.
I've seen the pictures etc just waiting on some solid information on pricing etc. Scremin Z runs the full bang pro Radicals and from what I have heard his brakes are amazing, if the new Pro 5000R calipers can be offered as a package at a reasonable price point that offers performance anywhere near the pro level Radical offerings I think that the guys at Essex are going to have a real winner on their hands!

Quick Reply: A Smörgåsbord of new AP Racing Big Brake Kits now launching...for C5, C6, and C7!