Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Affordable track days at Lime Rock Park and Thompson

Old 01-19-2014, 09:32 AM
LooseNutMotorsports
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Affordable track days at Lime Rock Park and Thompson

We are a new HPDE host in New England (Loose Nut Motorsports) offering very affordable track days this 2014 season at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park and Lime Rock Park. Price is $235, there are only three run groups so there is a lot of seat time. 1st event is May 9th at Lime Rock Park. Hope to see and meet some of you out there.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:55 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

I'm going to try and make it.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:33 PM
JSTAN
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is great news...gonna definitely check out your events, prices to run at these tracks are getting $$$$$$$$
Old 01-20-2014, 11:19 AM
lmtdconv92
Intermediate

I am all over this. Already put them into my calender. THanks!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

LRP will be pretty flexible on open track days i am guessing after losing the ALMS and grand am race.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Hat_Trick_Hokie
Racer

Very cool. I'm hoping to drive Lime Rock at some point this year.

Last edited by Hat_Trick_Hokie; 01-20-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:50 PM
BierGut
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you require Instructors for lower run groups?

Is there a discount for the instructors?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:04 PM
LooseNutMotorsports
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by BierGut
Do you require Instructors for lower run groups?

Is there a discount for the instructors?

We are currently offering the events to drivers with previous track experience who are comfortable running alone and do not require in car instruction. We are doing this to keep the number of run groups small to maximize seat time. Consequently, there is no instructor run group either. Cheers!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:08 PM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I found your web site: http://www.loosenutmotorsports.com/ if others want to have a look.

The web site mentions 'To participate in our events, you must be signed off to drive alone by a recognized group, have successfully completed a driving school, or have a competition license.'
Do you have a list of recognized groups?
What would be the equivalent SCDA or SCCA PDX minimum run group?
What is the typical length of a session for a run group?

What are the rules for a passenger in the car? Must he be a registered driver too?\

Looking forward to racing with you this year!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:22 PM
LooseNutMotorsports
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by lefrog
I found your web site: http://www.loosenutmotorsports.com/ if others want to have a look.

The web site mentions 'To participate in our events, you must be signed off to drive alone by a recognized group, have successfully completed a driving school, or have a competition license.'
Do you have a list of recognized groups?
What would be the equivalent SCDA or SCCA PDX minimum run group?
What is the typical length of a session for a run group?

What are the rules for a passenger in the car? Must he be a registered driver too?\

Looking forward to racing with you this year!
The only criteria is that you have previous track experience and are comfortable driving without an instructor in the car with you. At LRP, 4 sessions at 25 minutes, at Thompson, a total of 2hr 30 min, progressing from 20 min to 30 min. Passengers are on a per case basis, we really don't want people giving their friends joy rides, but if it is instructional in nature, it would be OK. Hope to see you at the track.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:04 PM
chevnut55
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant wait to see Thompson finished.
How long in advanced do you need to sign up?
What safety gear will be needed in a stock 13 g/s coupe?
I just want to drive my car fast and learn not pass everyone and risk crashing or damage, so is there a more relaxed day or time to sign up?
I will do a track day this year If it kills me.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:31 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Hmmm... 5/9; on a Friday, same amt of track time, $110 cheaper ~= free gas for the day.

Might be worth a try...
Old 02-04-2014, 03:23 PM
urtoslo
Pro

Originally Posted by LooseNutMotorsports
We are a new HPDE host in New England (Loose Nut Motorsports) offering very affordable track days this 2014 season at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park and Lime Rock Park. Price is $235, there are only three run groups so there is a lot of seat time. 1st event is May 9th at Lime Rock Park. Hope to see and meet some of you out there.
Certified corner workers... Where are your corner workers coming from and who certifies them?
Old 02-04-2014, 04:23 PM
LooseNutMotorsports
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by chevnut55
Cant wait to see Thompson finished.
How long in advanced do you need to sign up?
What safety gear will be needed in a stock 13 g/s coupe?
I just want to drive my car fast and learn not pass everyone and risk crashing or damage, so is there a more relaxed day or time to sign up?
I will do a track day this year If it kills me.
You can sign up right until the day of the event, assuming it does not fill up that is... please note this is HPDE, which sounds like what you are after, but right now we are only allowing participants with enough previous track experience to drive solo. We do this to minimize the number of run groups and maximize track time. I only mention that as I don't know what your past experience is. in any case, your car is fine as is... just go to the website to see what is checked in technical inspection, and of course you need a helmet. take care
Old 02-04-2014, 04:29 PM
LooseNutMotorsports
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by urtoslo
Certified corner workers... Where are your corner workers coming from and who certifies them?
They are professional SCCA trained corner workers.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:44 PM
t.renz791
Racer

Wow the price is right!

How do you determine run groups? Do you run a format similar to bmw cca or Porsche Car Club of America? Are there instructors for all nop solo groups?

I want to do Lime Rock, this may be the ticket!

Also, does the new track at Thompson Motorsports Park have any camber in the corners or are they mostly flat. Thanks!!

Last edited by t.renz791; 02-04-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:24 PM
LooseNutMotorsports
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by t.renz791
Wow the price is right!

How do you determine run groups? Do you run a format similar to bmw cca or Porsche Car Club of America? Are there instructors for all nop solo groups?

I want to do Lime Rock, this may be the ticket!

Also, does the new track at Thompson Motorsports Park have any camber in the corners or are they mostly flat. Thanks!!
Hello, details on the Run Groups can be found on the information page of the website. Take a peek and let me know if you still have questions.

As far as Thompson goes, I think the corners are relatively flat (they are not using the banked oval)... I remember one corner being off camber actually, but in any case when I saw the course, it was not complete. We will have the instructor go over the line prior to the start and probably do a few lead follow laps for all groups since it is brand new.

Get notified of new replies

To Affordable track days at Lime Rock Park and Thompson

Old 02-04-2014, 08:52 PM
t.renz791
Racer

Thanks for the fast response! I checked out the web site, very impressive what we can get for less than $250.

For somebody like myself that has just been bumped into intermediate run groups I think this is really a tremendous value. Plus it looks like Lime Rock is the closer of the two.

I didn't notice in the FAQ, will all drivers need to be signed off on to run solo?

Also would this be a good format for a novice? I am getting my 66 yr old father into this (FINALLY!!) this year. The bmw cca and more so the Porsche cca run very conservative in terms of passing zones and novice groups, as well as skill building exercises like passing/points and car control clinics.

Any chance you might book Watkins Glen next year, or that newly built New York Saftey Track (I haven't been there but it looks cool).

Thanks
Tim

Thanks, I look forward to attending!

Hello, details on the Run Groups can be found on the information page of the website. Take a peek and let me know if you still have questions.

As far as Thompson goes, I think the corners are relatively flat (they are not using the banked oval)... I remember one corner being off camber actually, but in any case when I saw the course, it was not complete. We will have the instructor go over the line prior to the start and probably do a few lead follow laps for all groups since it is brand new.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:48 PM
urtoslo
Pro

They are professional SCCA trained corner workers.
Thanks, you're off to a great start using them!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:42 PM
LooseNutMotorsports
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by t.renz791
Thanks for the fast response! I checked out the web site, very impressive what we can get for less than $250.

For somebody like myself that has just been bumped into intermediate run groups I think this is really a tremendous value. Plus it looks like Lime Rock is the closer of the two.

I didn't notice in the FAQ, will all drivers need to be signed off on to run solo?

Also would this be a good format for a novice? I am getting my 66 yr old father into this (FINALLY!!) this year. The bmw cca and more so the Porsche cca run very conservative in terms of passing zones and novice groups, as well as skill building exercises like passing/points and car control clinics.

Any chance you might book Watkins Glen next year, or that newly built New York Saftey Track (I haven't been there but it looks cool).

Thanks
Tim

Thanks, I look forward to attending!

Hi Tim, yes, at present we don't have novice and instructor run groups (to reduce the number of run groups and maximize the amount of track time.). Anyone who has enough experience to drive solo and is comfortable on the track without an instructor is welcome.

We are looking at additional venues and dates next year including Watkins Glen. I have not seen New York Safety Track for myself, but I had heard some mixed reviews from a few people... I guess I'll have to see for myself. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Affordable track days at Lime Rock Park and Thompson