Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road America improvements. New Corvette bridge

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 04:21 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Road America improvements. New Corvette bridge

Nothing major to the track itself.

Road Racing World reports that the Corvette bridge is being replaced over the entrance to turn 6.
The new bridge will be longer and wider, making the opening that race traffic passes thru larger.
It also gives fans better access to a newly created viewing area.

Also, the concrete k-rail barriers outside of the run off area of turn 6 have been replaced with steel barriers, and they are pushing back the run off zones in turns 7 and 8.*
Old 01-23-2014, 10:39 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

yes there is some pics of the progrress on their facebook page.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

interesting...the old Bill Mitchel bridge was a bit of a "funnel" and I can see why they opened it up a bit...the new tunnel is a good upgrade.

The T6 bridge was definitely a funnel but not a lot of dicing going on running up the hill and having to brake hard and turn left.

I'm sure it will be an improvement.

My best T6 memory was when the Bob Akin "coke machine" Porsche 962 (another driver was at the wheel...Bob Wollek maybe) had contact with another car and ended up on it's side and into the forest that was where the pea gravel is now. Remember back in the day when Diamond P was the only place you could see motorsports on cable (before ESPN got onboard). I believe it was on the Nashville channel.

Get notified of new replies

To Road America improvements. New Corvette bridge

Quick Reply: Road America improvements. New Corvette bridge