Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy on the Quikjack car lift for $995 or less

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:52 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Looking forward to some reviews
Old 04-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Petrolburner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 GTOs
Looking forward to some reviews

I love it.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:46 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Very nice
Old 04-28-2014, 01:58 AM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Interesting...may get one of these.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Petrolburner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After more use, I love it more. I just went over the car with a clay bar last night to try and remove some hellacious water spots, it was awesome to have it up higher for doing everything but the hood and roof. Water spots didn't come off though. Rubbing compound did alright but need to do it again to really get it all off and then use a finer polish. Beaters with ****** paint are more enjoyable most of the time.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Looks like Ranger now has a 5000 lb version. The specs look a little bigger and it lifts higher.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Hey! Good news! The Quick Jacks are finally in. Here is the message I just got.

"Hey Oli... just got the call and they are in!

Please pass this along to your folks, make sure we have the correct count and a yes from them all. After we have the yes, we will need to get there CC info.

Cheers Shawn:"
Old 06-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

This is a pretty crappy video I took Friday night at BRP after I set-up the quickJack. Set-up was quick and easy. Assembly only had two minor SNAFUs.
1. They did not include $0.50 worth of Teflon tape they request for a couple of the fittings.
2. The first half of my super short directions were spot on. Then I had two elbow fittings and two cannisters left over, but no instructions on how to assemble them. The diagrams of the unit made it plain as day to two minutes later they were assembled. Shawn came by as I was concluding assembly and he told me the last shipment had those cannisters already mounted. But putting them on is simple.

I took this short video to send to a couple of people, but it was at 11 PM on Friday night at the track as I was closing up shop after preparing for Saturday and Sunday racing and TT2. I planned to take better daylight video, but I forgot. Once I start racing stuff like that happens.....

The unit met all my expectations and it is now my new favorite tool. It is so fast, easy and stable. It lifts the car reasonably high to make so much more work convenient. I left the car jacked up over the evening without settlling the lift on the safety stops. It did not leak. You will hear a little bit of a moan when lowering the car, but it did not appear to do that on race days, although I may not have heard it, but I was far enough from the track I think I would have noticed... bottom line is I think it stopped the funny sound. It may have just been a little air in the hydraulic lines or something... who knows....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...35916579631223
Old 06-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Looks great Oli!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:05 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

I will have one of these at NCM VIR if anyone wants to see how it looks and operates!! JD
Old 06-13-2014, 05:53 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by JDIllon
I will have one of these at NCM VIR if anyone wants to see how it looks and operates!! JD
I'll be by
Old 06-13-2014, 09:34 PM
71corv
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Are you in one of the garages? Would like to see the lift.

Gene
Old 06-13-2014, 10:11 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Man.. I gotta get one of these... Looks like a life saver for track prep in my garage.. Just getting too old for the jack/jack stands dance. Gotta do this once I get some $$$.. Just sunk it all into go-fast mods.. (hehehe)
Old 06-13-2014, 10:30 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 71corv
Are you in one of the garages? Would like to see the lift.

Gene
Nope, it will be at my trailer. Just ask around for Jim Dillon, I'm also an instructor for NCM. Jim Dillon
Old 06-14-2014, 08:23 AM
naschmitz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JDIllon
Bring some plywood -- they won't let you put that on the new paddock asphalt.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:36 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by naschmitz
Bring some plywood -- they won't let you put that on the new paddock asphalt.
That is pretty crazy!! It would have more surface area than a regular jack! But thanks for the heads up! I will bring some plywood just in case they require it. JD
Old 02-22-2015, 11:45 PM
jd86L98
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

How did this workout, I'm thinking of purchasing one?

Get notified of new replies

To Group Buy on the Quikjack car lift for $995 or less

Old 02-23-2015, 01:39 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jd86L98
How did this workout, I'm thinking of purchasing one?
I have one I use in my race trailer, works fine but customer service is something else. Shortly after I got it ( Oct 2014) I received a notice saying that they had new upgraded cylinders that they were sending out to replace current ones on the lift. I have sent more e-mails than I can count checking to see where they are at. Last response 5 weeks ago was that customs had just released the shipment and I would be receiving upgrades shortly. Well as of today still no new cylinders, would rather just be honest and tell me not going to replace instead of lame excuse after lame excuse.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:13 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JohnAlley
I have one I use in my race trailer, works fine but customer service is something else. Shortly after I got it ( Oct 2014) I received a notice saying that they had new upgraded cylinders that they were sending out to replace current ones on the lift. I have sent more e-mails than I can count checking to see where they are at. Last response 5 weeks ago was that customs had just released the shipment and I would be receiving upgrades shortly. Well as of today still no new cylinders, would rather just be honest and tell me not going to replace instead of lame excuse after lame excuse.

The Quick Lift company is here in SoCal and the longshoremen have been conducting a work slow down because they are not allowed to strike. They can't strike, but it has had near the same affect in drastically slowing down container deliveries. There are huge container ships parked in the ocean off-shore from Long Beach. It looks like a southern California freeway at rush hour, but only with ships.

With that said, I love my Quick Lift. It is my most used tool on race weekends other than my impact gun. But I will concur that customer service is not up-to-par with what it should be.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:20 PM
jd86L98
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Olitho
The Quick Lift company is here in SoCal and the longshoremen have been conducting a work slow down because they are not allowed to strike. They can't strike, but it has had near the same affect in drastically slowing down container deliveries. There are huge container ships parked in the ocean off-shore from Long Beach. It looks like a southern California freeway at rush hour, but only with ships.

With that said, I love my Quick Lift. It is my most used tool on race weekends other than my impact gun. But I will concur that customer service is not up-to-par with what it should be.

Thanks for the info Oli

Quick Reply: Group Buy on the Quikjack car lift for $995 or less