Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy on the Quikjack car lift for $995 or less

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 11:07 PM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How sturdy/stable are these when at full height?
Old 02-23-2015, 11:36 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by CP Thunder
How sturdy/stable are these when at full height?

It feels more stable than the four jack stands I use as the alternative.

It feels safer and more stable lifting all four corners of the car than doing one side and then the other side.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:46 PM
CP Thunder
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks.....might take this up with John and Natha.......
Old 02-26-2015, 11:18 AM
speedwaywhite
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Olitho
It feels more stable than the four jack stands I use as the alternative.

It feels safer and more stable lifting all four corners of the car than doing one side and then the other side.
I have the BL5000 model and can't seem to get the cylinders to sync up. Bend Pak sent me a new cylinder to replace one that was leaking into the air assist cylinder, the replacement is the same way, slow up and down. Lines have been switched, cylinders bled, flow valve adjusted still no improvement.
Anybody had this problem?
Old 02-27-2015, 06:56 PM
chimazo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedwaywhite
I have the BL5000 model and can't seem to get the cylinders to sync up. Bend Pak sent me a new cylinder to replace one that was leaking into the air assist cylinder, the replacement is the same way, slow up and down. Lines have been switched, cylinders bled, flow valve adjusted still no improvement.
Anybody had this problem?
When I first assembled my BL-5000 and ran it up/down a few times, it was a little uneven and jerky, but once I stood on top of them (straddled with one foot on each!) and did the same thing a few times, it evened out. When I tested it on my wife's car (), it went up smoothly and evenly (and quicker than some mention). I used Dexron, if it matters.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:48 PM
speedwaywhite
Pro

Originally Posted by chimazo
When I first assembled my BL-5000 and ran it up/down a few times, it was a little uneven and jerky, but once I stood on top of them (straddled with one foot on each!) and did the same thing a few times, it evened out. When I tested it on my wife's car (), it went up smoothly and evenly (and quicker than some mention). I used Dexron, if it matters.
Chimazo, thanks for the info. I have been standing on this one too, mine is beginning to stay closer on way up (3 or 4 inches) but going down is ridiculous, one side is down other side still 18 inches up. Currently waiting for replacement hydraulic fitting from bend pak, when I get that in I will try again and bleed the cylinders. This makes the third replacement part that Bend Pak has had to send me, 1st it was leaking quick couplers (took a week to get), then one cylinder (the slow one) was leaking ATF into the small air pressure cylinder ( waited another week for part) and now the elbow into the replacement cylinder leaks.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:30 PM
chimazo
Burning Brakes

Chimazo, thanks for the info. I have been standing on this one too, mine is beginning to stay closer on way up (3 or 4 inches) but going down is ridiculous, one side is down other side still 18 inches up. Currently waiting for replacement hydraulic fitting from bend pak, when I get that in I will try again and bleed the cylinders. This makes the third replacement part that Bend Pak has had to send me, 1st it was leaking quick couplers (took a week to get), then one cylinder (the slow one) was leaking ATF into the small air pressure cylinder ( waited another week for part) and now the elbow into the replacement cylinder leaks.
Sorry that you've had a crappy experience (and maybe I just lucked out with mine). I do know that they have made a few revisions, including much improved instructions. The build date on my unit was 01/15, and I received it like 2wks later. I realize you probably don't, but let me know if you need any pics of anything regarding the unit.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:48 PM
speedwaywhite
Pro

Originally Posted by chimazo
Sorry that you've had a crappy experience (and maybe I just lucked out with mine). I do know that they have made a few revisions, including much improved instructions. The build date on my unit was 01/15, and I received it like 2wks later. I realize you probably don't, but let me know if you need any pics of anything regarding the unit.
My build date 1/15 as well, received it 1/27. Replaced leaking elbow, now have one lift stuck in up position, I am done fighting this one, will send it back. I think it might be cursed.
They have offered to send me a new one, will decide tomorrow if I want to take a chance on another one.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:21 PM
phxcobra
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Did you swap out lifts? If so, any issues with the new one?
Old 07-20-2015, 05:25 PM
speedwaywhite
Pro

Originally Posted by phxcobra
Did you swap out lifts? If so, any issues with the new one?
Swapped out for another lift, same song second verse, couldn't get lift to sync up. Lifts were so far out I was afraid to put the car on them, at some points during a lift they would be 18 inch difference in lift height one side to the other. Finally gave up and send both back. It may be I am doing something wrong, I am fairly mechanically inclined but couldn't get the system to work (both systems were leaky in spots as well so there was some leak fixing to do). I purchased the first one from Summit, they were great to work with and return was smooth.
Bend Pak return was uneventful as well, although I had no money in the second lift so no worries.
Currently back to jack stands, would like to have a lift but not sure I can get one I will like at the $1295.00 price point.
Glad yours is working well. Whats the secret?
Old 07-20-2015, 09:29 PM
71corv
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Have had some problems with my lift. As my car is lowered, I use race ramps to raise it in order to get the lift in place. Works fine raising the car, but have a problem lowering the car. When lowered onto the race ramps the lift will not go any lower since the weigh has been removed. Am able to push each side down enough to get the lift from under the car. However the lift will not go any lower. Have not solved this problem.

Gene
Old 07-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

I am the starter of this thread and one of the first to receive a Quik Jack. I have been using mine for a year and half and I can't tell you how many times I lift and lower my car on a race weekend or track day. To say I have 100+ lifts of the car is conservative.

Mine has always lifted and lowered just fine. The only two peculiarities I have had with mine is that I have picked up a slow fluid leak from the hydraulic fluid holding tank. I need to take time to look at where it comes from, but it is very slow. The other thing is that I used to raise and lawyer it from my 3500 watt inverter in the race trailer, but I need to do it from my RV generator now. That is probably just an issue with the capacitor that starts the electric motor when the button is first pressed.

It is one of the best paddock tools I have.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:35 PM
srfdbc7
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought one of these (3500), and after working out a few bugs the thing works great. I had to call tech a few times and they were helpful with getting the jacks working properly. The two things I encountered were oil leftover in the air cylinders that assist in lowering and slight uneven raising/lowering. After draining the oil out of the cylinders and getting the air pressure correct in the jacks they started to sync after raising and lowering them multiple times with me standing on them. I then placed them under my car and raised/lowered them multiple times and they are working fine. The Ranger tech said the seals in the rams need to be worked under load and would get better with some use. They are stable and I feel comfortable working under the car with them. My build date was 6/25 and I received the jacks on 7/11.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:11 AM
chimazo
Burning Brakes

I've been using mine as well. I even kept my car up on them for a 2 months and it lowered the car evenly and without drama.

I don't know if it matters, but I periodically check/fill the air pressure as needed in the canisters attached to the rams.

So far no leaks at all, but yes, if you disconnect the lines, there will be a tablespoon of fluid eventually. I just never disconnect them. You can keep them under the car pushed together, even under a low car like my Z/28.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:52 AM
lefrog
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Swapped out for another lift, same song second verse, couldn't get lift to sync up. Lifts were so far out I was afraid to put the car on them, at some points during a lift they would be 18 inch difference in lift height one side to the other. Finally gave up and send both back. It may be I am doing something wrong, I am fairly mechanically inclined but couldn't get the system to work (both systems were leaky in spots as well so there was some leak fixing to do). I purchased the first one from Summit, they were great to work with and return was smooth.
Bend Pak return was uneventful as well, although I had no money in the second lift so no worries.
Currently back to jack stands, would like to have a lift but not sure I can get one I will like at the $1295.00 price point.
Glad yours is working well. Whats the secret?
The secret is the break-in procedure. You need to have nothing on the lift, then go just few inches up, push the lift back down (my canisters have never worked properly but you don't really need them if you are patient enough). Repeat the operation many times until you reach full height. If you have an imbalance between left and right it is usually because the line is plugged/kinked or not properly plugged in.
Also make sure your tank has enough oil and that the breather valve is open. I also take mine to rallycrosses where there is a lot of dust and it is hard to keep the connectors clean even if you use a tarp. The connectors will leak if there is some dust in there, just leave some oil flow out, cleanup and reconnect.

Fixing the swaybar at the hillclimb

I also love it in the garage to do work on my 4-post lift. Dropped the tranny of the C5 recently to change the broken bellhousing and I could make it as a one man job thanks to the quickjack.

Dropping the C5 transmission with the quickjack on a 4-post lift

Also works great to put the car on the scales

Another tranny swap on a WRX

Quick Reply: Group Buy on the Quikjack car lift for $995 or less