Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Z06 Track Car and 18' Bri-Mar Open Trailer For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 10:01 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default 2003 Z06 Track Car and 18' Bri-Mar Open Trailer For Sale

CAR, TRAILER, WHEELS AND SPARES SOLD !! THANKS FOR LOOKING

2003 Z06 Track / Street Car and 18 Foot Bri-Mar Open Trailer For Sale

I am offering my 2003 Z06 Street and Track car for sale. Price is $24,500.
Also available is my Bri-Mar 18 foot open car trailer. Price is $3000.
Please see the specs, and pictures for both below. I would like to sell both at the same time and will offer a $1000 discount if both are purchased together. Also would consider a trade for a low miles C6 Auto Coupe.

This car is fully serviced and ready to track for the coming season, just fill the gas tank and go ! The trailer had full service in November of 2013 including new brakes, D rated tires, wheel bearings and grease seals.
Pictures of specific items not shown available upon request.
Car and trailer located in McGaheysville, VA – near Harrisonburg just off I-81

Contact: Curtis Judge - Email: chjtoken at AOL dot Com Cell: five four zero – 578-3349

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

2003 Z06 – 45370 Miles - Black on Black with white LeMans Stripes – NEVER hit or wrecked. Stripes are applied with Plasti-Dip and can be easily removed if purchaser desires. Everything on the car is fully operational – no problems ! Current Virginia inspection sticker.

Recent Maintenance -
1) complete fluid change (tranny & diff – Redline fluids, clutch, oil & filter – Mobil 1, Dexcool coolant, ATE Super Blue brake fluid - Dec 2013
2) New serpentine belts and coolant hoses Dec 2012
3) New air filter, Irridium plugs and GM Red wires Dec 2012
4) New DBA 5000 front rotor rings Dec 2013
5) New Wilwood “H” Race Pads front and rear Dec 2013
6) New GM valve springs Dec 2013
7) Replaced drivers side half shaft differential seal Dec 2013
8) Replaced tie rod rubber boot caps Dec 2013

Modifications To the Z06 -
The engine is stock running a factory tune and exhaust is stock. All modifications were done to increase safety, handling, cooling and reliability of the vehicle. In eight years of tracking the car, I have never had to leave an event due to mechanical failure. The car is FAST and Reliable. I typically turned 2.17 lap times at VIR and 1.22 At Summit Main. The car has much more available, the driver didn’t. Car does not have heating problems even at VIR in August with 105 Degree ambient temps.

Car dynos 366 HP and 350 Torque, graphs included.
Recent problem free Oil analysis by Blackstone Labs included.

1) Kumho V710 Tires mounted on OEM Speedline wheels – tires new mid season last year. Approx. 60% tire life remaining
2) LG G-Stop 6 piston Wilwood big brake kit - stainless braided lines front and rear
3) LG Spindle Ducts and DRM cooling ducts with Hi-Temp Hose for front brake cooling
4) DBA 5000 series two piece rotors front – DBA 4000 series rotors rear
5) LG GT-2 Adjustable Coilovers – spanner wrenches included
6) Pfadt Poly bushings on A – Arms and sway bars
7) SSBC fully adjustable sway bar end links
8) Hotchkiss HD adjustable Sway bars Front and Rear
9) Dewitts HD Dual Core Aluminum Radiator
10) DRM Engine Oil Cooler with Mocal 150 Degree thermostat
11) DRM Transmission Cooler
12) PCV system Elite Industries catch can
13) RD Racing 4 point cross braced roll bar
14) Crow 6 point cam lock harnesses on driver and passenger seats
15) Kirkey 17” driver race seat – IO Port Back brace to roll bar – hardbar adjustable seat rails
16) Metal bracket and 5 LB fire extinguisher on passenger side
17) Car has been corner weighted and has an aggressive track alignment
18) Phoenix hinged tow hooks front and rear
19) C6-Z06 shifter with Delrin Hardbar shift ****
20) ARP heavy duty wheel studs
21) Turn One HD Power steering pump with billet aluminum pulley.
22) Elite Engineering aluminum gas pedal extension – easier H/T shifting
23) Skip Shift eliminator ByPass
24) There is probably more, but I can’t remember it. All receipts and records included.
In the interest of full disclosure, there is a minor power steering fluid leak that I have not been able to find. Car loses 1-2 ozs of fluid per weekend event.
Spares included: (4) Delco UPF 44 Oil filters, Spare set of DBA 5000 two piece rotors (heat checked but serviceable), spare set of wheel hubs, spare set of rear rotors (heat checked but serviceable) , spare set of serpentine belts, spare set of braided SS brake lines, sufficient Redline Fluids for Tranny and Diff fluid change, Stock Z06 drivers seat, used wildwood H front and rear pad set with 75% material left, misc brake sliders, nuts, bolts, antirattle shims, wheel studs, lug nuts, etc, etc. Complete set of shop manuals come with car.

A second set of Street wheels and tires are available for $500. Stock Z06 Speedline wheels with Firestone Firehawk tires. The tires are about 90% with maybe 5000 street miles on them. The wheels have had the centers painted black and clear coated – rated at 90% with some interior barrel scratches but no curb rash.

[/URL]

The trailer is a Bri-Mar 18 foot solid deck - drop tail trailer.
Manufactured in 2004. Towing capacity is 7000 lbs, 3500 Lb axles.
Trailer is stored outside so there is some minor surface rust on a couple of wheels and on the deck. Trailer is absolutely solid and will provide many years of service. Current Virginia inspection sticker. Trailer has 6 foot ramps that are stored in the body of the trailer. Both fenders are removable. There is a screw jack at the front. Electric brakes on both axles. Aluminum lockable tool box. A custom steel tire rack with locking bar that holds 6 Vette size wheels / tires and the spare is included. 4 D rings are welded to the bed. 5 ratchet 8000 lb tie down straps are included with T hooks for use on frame slots. Deck is solid diamond plate steel.

Recent trailer maintenance October 2013 -
1) 5 new “D” rated trailer rated tires – trailer and spare
2) New brake drums
3) New wheel bearings and grease seals

Last edited by CHJ In Virginia; 02-16-2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: car sold
Old 02-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

This is an excellent deal if you're looking for the following:

* Exceptionally clean, well maintained, reliable and street legal '04 C5 Z06 with quality performance upgrades.

* C5 Z06 always stored in the garage - no damage history - "turn key" solution for road course events (HPDE).

* Buying from a reputable owner and at a very reasonable price (Personally, I think he should ask for more $).

* State inspected steel trailer with tire rack & tool box: easy to get the car on and off at home and the paddock.

I ran many courses with Curtis over the years doing HPDE and was always amazed at the reliability of his Z06!

Good luck with the sale! Mike

Last edited by Gray Ghost GS; 02-07-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Woods
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great car and Great seller.

Good luck with the sale
Old 02-07-2014, 06:08 PM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice. where were you 3 years ago when I slipped at the top of this slope... good luck with it.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:37 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

TTT for a great guy! That is one great car, I've seen it a few times.

Good luck w/the sale!

Are you still going to do HPDE in the future, maybe w/a very different type of car?

Andy
Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sothpaw2
TTT for a great guy! That is one great car, I've seen it a few times.

Good luck w/the sale!

Are you still going to do HPDE in the future, maybe w/a very different type of car?

Andy
Thanks Andy, I appreciate the reference ! Unfortunately, I have a health (vision) problem that is going to keep me from doing any future events.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:36 AM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
Thanks Andy, I appreciate the reference ! Unfortunately, I have a health (vision) problem that is going to keep me from doing any future events.
Will one of those orgs let you be a classroom instructor? That'd be cool.

Sorry to hear that you have to hang it up but seems many have. I was doing this figuring I wouldn't be in a position to do it later with family commitments and lesser fitness.

Good luck!

Andy
Old 02-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,074 Likes on 644 Posts

If I was looking for a car to do track days this is the car I would buy. Everything important is done. The price is more than fair. There is no way you can replicate this package as cost effectively as buying it here already finished. Well driven these cars are still very fast. This will make a great track package for someone. Best of luck with the sale and sorry to hear about the health related issues.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:45 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

TTT and front page one more time. Feel free to call any time with questions or interest.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:16 PM
r.hillenbrand
******RETIRED ARMY******
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Curtis, You still going to come to the track and see us. You know the "over the hill gang" will be there.

What a great deal for someone wanting to get into the sport.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:42 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Absolutely, even if I can no loinger drive, I still can enjoy the events and especially the social aspects. Might see what kind of worker bee jobs are available that NASA needs help with and bother Jack McAfee while he is teaching classroom. Sold the equipment to a Spec Miata driver looking to take a step up in power. Guess he got tired of pedaling as fast as he could go and still getting passed all the time. He runs mostly SCCA events, but I think I may have him interested in NASA. Looking for a clean, low mile Grand Sport for my DD car. Know of anyone that has one for sale ??

Last edited by CHJ In Virginia; 02-17-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 2003 Z06 Track Car and 18' Bri-Mar Open Trailer For Sale

Quick Reply: 2003 Z06 Track Car and 18' Bri-Mar Open Trailer For Sale