Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet Sump Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Trention
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wet Sump Reliability

I'm new to vettes and I anticipate taking my base 2011 to the track on occasion (Putnam Park if there are any other Indiana regulars) but I'm wondering if the wet sump arrangement has a history of problems under track use.

Thanks in advance
DaveT
Old 02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Canton type Accusump?

Originally Posted by Trention
I'm new to vettes and I anticipate taking my base 2011 to the track on occasion (Putnam Park if there are any other Indiana regulars) but I'm wondering if the wet sump arrangement has a history of problems under track use.

Thanks in advance
DaveT
If your thinking about an Accusump, you don't want to ask me about my ongoing experience
Old 02-09-2014, 06:16 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Trention

Thanks in advance
DaveT
If you stick with street tires at Putnam, you won't have a problem. problems show up on slicks when you get higer G loads for longer times usually in left hand sweepers
Old 02-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

For the street, wet sump fine. For track use you need an ARE dry sump system. go to www.drysump.com. Call Gary.

Jim
Old 02-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Petrolburner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only a problem on race rubber from what I've read. You can even run DOT R-comps without losing oil pressure. Full on race slicks with a talented driver running hard is where the oiling issues appear. Nothing to worry about on street tires, except overheating the brakes.

Get notified of new replies

To Wet Sump Reliability

Quick Reply: Wet Sump Reliability